Registered
335 Posts
looks great, good video footage :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys :)

where did you get that front splitter from? great pics as well!
It's a custom jobby we made ourselves using an RGM splitter with a carbon piece fitted underneath which extends back past the front cross member to give a bit more of an undertray to the car. Seems to do the job.

what bhp you making in that? seems to go well!
Was rollered on Dave Walkers rollers at 192.7 at the fly, but knowing RR figures that could mean anything. Suffice to say it goes rather well.

·
Registered
976 Posts
its a cracking car! certainly does go well as you kept up with that megane r26r well! whered you get the carbon for the splitter if you dont mind me asking, thinking of something similar for mine but can only get hold of stuff from the usa.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a chap we know down in Kent. He can do either carbon or carbon topped fibreglass (which is obviously cheaper). Can't remember his number off the top of my head but I'll dig it out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did I meet you at Brands in April? I have the K-series MGB....

Have you considerd racing the car, as it should squeeze straight into Group C of the Peter Best Insurance Challenge......

Ollie
Ah yes, we had quite a long chat with you Ollie! In fact you inspired us to start building a K-series B of our own :)

We did consider racing the BRM, but I don't think it would be eligible now with some of the upgrades we've made to it (TVR 4-pot callipers for example). Would have to get sponsorship of some sort too, as I doubt we'd be able to afford a season of racing :(

·
Registered
203 Posts
wicked, a K-series B you say..... what you going to do with that?

Racing is not too bad and can be done on a budget of as little as 3-4K excluding damages!

If you want to know any K-series B conversion stuff you can email me at [email protected] and there is some helpfull stuff on here:

http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&access=&mode=tlist&subject=76

Why not see if you can bring the BRM out with us at Snetterton in October, they will probably let you race as a non points scoring guest?

Any idea what your car would be capable of round Snetterton, a predicted lap time maybe?

Ollie

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wicked, a K-series B you say..... what you going to do with that?

Racing is not too bad and can be done on a budget of as little as 3-4K excluding damages!

If you want to know any K-series B conversion stuff you can email me at [email protected] and there is some helpfull stuff on here:

http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&access=&mode=tlist&subject=76

Why not see if you can bring the BRM out with us at Snetterton in October, they will probably let you race as a non points scoring guest?

Any idea what your car would be capable of round Snetterton, a predicted lap time maybe?

Ollie
Cheers Ollie! The B was a resto project, but we decided to turn it into a racer instead (a bit cheaper to do, although it's turning out not to be, haha). 1.8l k series, forged internals, steel crank, throttle bodies, vhpd head, etc, sebring arches, coilovers on the front, ashley (I think) hard-top, etc, etc Should be a bit of fun when it's done!

I was managing (timed on a watch) a steady 1m32s around Snetterton, the old man did a couple of 1m30s times. How do they compare to you racers?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts