MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all.This seems like a pretty useful board, so I thought I'd register....

Here we go then: I intend getting rid of my current car (a S*****i 4 X 4. I'm sick to death of the piece of junk)) around mid August time. I'd really got my mind set on a ZS, but horror of horrors!! My body is too long! Even with the seat dropped fully down, my head still scrapes the roof. I should have expected this though, as I have the same problem in my wife's Rover 25.
I also tried a ZT and loved it. Space-wise, it's bang on, but it's possibly a little above my budget. This model would also suit my son too, as he's 6' 5" (aged 15) but I dunno, really.

Any advice, (apart from "get radical surgery") comments etc ? Anyone else had similar problems?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Did it have a sunroof?

Sunroofs are notorious for cutting down headroom.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nn-y

Yes, it DID have a sunroof! Why didn't I consider that as a factor? My wife's 25 also has a sunroof....

That MAY be the answer, to look for a non-sunroof model.

Thanks, yer a genius guy/gal....

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Gal :D

Our 25 and ZT 190+ do not have a sunroof, but our old 620 SLi did and my husband's hair used to always rub off on the roof lining :)
Every time I went to vacuum the car, there would be loads of hairs stuck to the roof that were so difficult to get off!

We don't have any trouble with hair on the roof at all now....

A sunroof cuts down headroom, so hopefully that will be your answer - don't get one with a sunroof!

HTH

Nat

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that's lifted me out of the vague depression that niggled at me since I tried 'em out this morning...

Thanks again.
Phil

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thats why I got the 120+ cos it has air con and you dont need a sun roof (and of course the employees family discount at xmas)
I was worried about the size of the car as I had an old Scorpio. I like big cars due to me being 6ft so moving top the Z was strange. But now I am used to it and I fit ok.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That exactly what my wife said about not needing the sunroof if it had air conditioning.

A 120+? To quote Wayne Campbell: "It will be mine, oh yes, it WILL be mine..."

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Undoubtedly. If all this excellent advice helps me fulfill my childhood dream of owning an MG (albeit not quite in the same way I envisaged then) then all well & good.

Roll on August!! (my own intended new car date)

·
Registered
113 Posts
<(albeit not quite in the same way I envisaged then)>

Its still an awsome car Phil I have had mine since just before xmas and still find myself enjoying driving it as though its a brand new experience :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah. It does seem that for the first in quite a while we've got genuine MG's back on the market.

I blame my dad for my wanting one though. When I was a kid he'd wistfully talk about MGB's but never could afford one. Now he CAN afford one he says he's "too old" and anyway his driveway is "too narrow" to get it up.

I'll have to let him have spin in it come August (cos he's not really THAT old...)

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Waynes world references...

Phil, question is, when you saw the car, did you say Schwing Shwing.... :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not really... But I DID say "I'd rather have a Reliant Robin. NOT!!"

·
Registered
514 Posts
This may be blindingly obvious and you checked, but make sure the seat rake isn't set to it's full height, mine's all the way back (and could do with a bit more) but I fit in my ZS180 comfortably (I'm 6'1"). If you've got air-con, you won't need a sunroof anyway!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I checked that one. My real problem is that I've got relatively short legs but a disproportionately long body. So the long bit of me is from the bum upwards, whereas a lot of people that are around the 6 foot mark have shorter bodies but longer legs that can be compensated for by moving the seat BACK.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Late breaking news: To all those who suggested the I try a non-sunroof model, lotsa thanks. I tried a non-sunroof ZS on Friday and YEEHAHH!! I actually FIT in it!

So sometime over the next month (I've even bought the date forward, rather than wait till August) it'll be ZS 180 ahoy!!:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not too sure at the moment. I've got a recent catalogue and was suprised (but pleased) to see MG now do the Z's in British Racing Green, so that colour probably. But I'm open to other colours.

Really, the only one I don't like is yellow. Sorry to offend yellow owners, but it makes me cringe!!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Yellow is a great colour, and shows it off wonderfully. I want the 105 to be in yellow but Mrs H. HATES it. I will give advance warning of when to retreat to your fallout shelters when the time comes.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.