MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHOOPEE!!! There we go then. ..I've bin and gorn and done it! I've ordered a brand spanking new 120+ (couldn't quite afford the 180, sadly).

Hopefully I can pick it up in about a week.

And I say again: WHOOPEE!!!:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ah, the important stuff. I forgot about that. Doh!!

Well, it's a bog standard 120+, apart from the seats, which are those 180 types with the different fabric and the leather inserts(red in this case). And the car itself is Anthracite, I should add. It was a REALLY close thing between that and the British Racing Green, but the black JUST scraped it, as I think it looks just that bit more classy. And a touch more 'mysterious' too. I only have to wait between 7 and 10 days.

And I'll be having an MD player put in, sometime next month., when I've flogged off my wife and the twins to pay for it...(make me an offer).

Which reminds me. I may start a "Give me some idea of what music to put on a christening tape" thread sometime over the next couple of days....

I tells ya, I'm as excited as Homer Simpson with three pizzas....

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
As a fellow 120 owner I know how much you will be looking forward to getting the car.

Some of the people on this (and other) forum(s) are thinking of getting together sometime for a joint Northern / Midland owners meet/run. Thinking about the Peak (or there abouts). It would be a good chance for you to come and 'give it some'.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Phil

Max said:
Glad to see you have done it I bet this week will be a long one don't forget the pics :) :) :)
Whoah! You bet! Tell me about it , man....

Having what some people reckon is a warped sense of humour, I've been annoying my missus by running around in little circles, flapping my arms and saying: "but Mummy, I want my new toy NOW...."
It got the predictable response from my wife & daughter of: "Huh, MEN!!."

Hehehe!!

And John, that joint Northern/Midlands run to the Peaks or wherever, sounds like an excellent idea. Certainly if I couldn't get my better half interested, I think my son would be. He's by far the better navigator anyway.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Nice one big Phil, good choice of colour IMHO, you don't see many about in the anthrasite and it is indeed a little more mysterious.

Now then, with regards to your wife, is she a goer, I might chuck in the first bid ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A goer? Well, she has been known to go shopping sometimes. Is that what you mean?

I'd think I'd better hang onto her, on reflection. I'm told that those '55 models (dark brown, with grey trim, luxury upholstery) appreciate in value with time.
I certainly appreciate her anyway....

·
Registered
296 Posts
*lol* ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts