MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a lovely ZT160/190 yesterday. Looked quite nice in silver, I don't normally like silver as it is so popular. However, the seats were black with a yellow bits on the bolsters. They don't look right, well it looked awful. Who at MG/Rover came up with that receipe needs a bullet between the eyes. Surely all black would look better especially with this awkward colour.

Jim

G

·
A response from XPower

Morning Bros,

Hey, I thought I had an opinion - but that's a bit strong! How much do you want to pay "to do the JOB?" I know somebody called LEON!

Anyway, on the colours, you can't blame MGR! From your description it sounds like a personal spec car! The customer would have the choice and hey presto! BTW, I agree with your observation too!

With the Monogram scheme think of all those wacky combinations and I guarantee someone will do it. Result a car that will be difficult to sell on, IMHO.

·
aka Simon
579 Posts
Pretty nasty!

Yep, saw the same horrific colour scheme in the ZT-T we test-drove while deciding to buy our beloved new ZT190. Somebody definitely needs smacking for it!
On the topic of ZT-T's, we were very disappointed with how it drove compared to the saloon: sluggish, noisy, and sloppy round the corners.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NuttyNurses - thanks for the tip off. I have been thinking about the ZT-T and how desirable it would be. If it don't corner then same as you would have to go for the ZT. The tourer does look a class act though, more classy as an R75 than ZT-T though.

Jim

·
aka Simon
579 Posts
Pity about the tourer

I was surprised at how disappointing it was - the reviews sounded good, and it looks fantastic, better than the saloon IMHO. We were on the point of walking away to Lexus when the sales staff found us a 160 saloon to try out, which reconverted us to MG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts