MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was watching idealworld last night i no sad aint it but i was flicking though the channels and i noticed they were using this product on a bonnet of a car so thought i would watch for a while see how good it is . I was a little sceptical when they were saying you dont need to wash your car before or anything no matter how dirty it is just spray on this showroom shine and buff it off and it leaves a nice shine and its protected as it would be with wax . I was thinking no i wouldnt use that surely if you just spray it on dirt and wipe off it would scratch the paint work ? Dont think i would chance it , they also had some marketing director for merc on saying they use this product and they highly recomend it . Any of you guys or girls used this product and if so what did you think of it ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes have bought some previously from them, but have never used it on its own as they suggest. I always have washed the car first and then used it. I know everyone would probably say well thats just a waste its meant to be used without water but I could never bring myself to do it. But in answer to your question I always thought it gave a really good shine and the offer of 3 bottles for £30 at the minute is good value IMO.

·
Registered
259 Posts
hi, ive got something very similar. its called proshine spray & shine. it can be used on trims, windows etc.giving a showroom finish. cost me bout 11 pound on ebay. they are based in norwich. if your car was heavily soiled with mud even i would wash the excess off. but i use this stuff mainly in the summer when all you get is road dust, ive also used it in winter when you get that salt crap on your car. it contains a non abrasive wax. its brill, you gotta try it to believe it, the finish is brill, my neighbours and people passing when i clean the zs always comment how good ny car looks. get some, you wnt regret it and it takes alot less time to clean.

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
I'm sure it was only the other day I was reading on here (or another forum - the 75/ZT one?) about someone who ******ed their paintwork by using one of these dry wash things, luckily they only did a little bit before stopping.

If you wash the car first I bet it's fine :)

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Not for me:dunno:

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Bought some of this to use on Karens company car and actually tried it on mine the other day.
Not been washed for ages (but then not been used much either) and was quite dusty with some road dirt up the sides.
You can't use it as shown on the TV - one cloth to apply (well actually its more of "remove") and one to buff. I actually used about 5 or 6 cloths - when the one for removing got dirty I then used the buffing one to remove with a new one to buff.
Doesn't seem to have damaged paint, did it under fluorscents in garage and couldn't see any swirls / scratches.
As said elsewhere I wouldn't use it on a dirty car and certainly wouldn't use it all the while, nothing replaces a hose and bucket for washing IMO, but for a quick spruce up its ok.
Didn't use it on wheels as they are too fiddly plus when you spray you'd get a load on caliper & disc - assume it would wear off quickly but you'd end up with splatter marks no doubt. Seen it suggested spraying it on cloth but am sure this wouldn't put enough on the paint surface to prevent scratching.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts