MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received the above today, very impressive quality indeed. Just need to pluck up the courage to attempt this now, I'm not bad with a spanner but not really touched this area before, a bit tempted to ask a garage how much they would charge to fit......

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Get on with it if your ok on the spanners. Worst part was led on my back in footwell tbh as that always makes me feel sich. Follow instructions nice and carefuly and it's a breeze. I found that i had to pack out the pedal stop with an extra nut & or some washers? in order to get the pedal down to desired height. An excellent bit of kit though.

·
MG ZS 180 MGB GT V8
159 Posts
Don't pay a garage, it's a real easy installation - took me a couple of hours and that included the wife asking questions !! The worst bit is on your back in the footwell, the adjustment of pedal height is also a bit of a pain for the same reason.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well looks like i will have a crack myself, the instructions are very good, what can possibly go wrong...................
What clutch fluid do people generally go for, are we talking 5 dot from halfords, would that do the job?

·
A hammer fixes all
27 Posts
Has anyone had any difficulty fitting one of these kits? fitted mine last night relatively easily but when I took int on a test drive the biting point was almost on the floor so assumed it needed further bleeding. first thing this morning bled it 3-4 times and have now lost everything on the pedal, theres no fluid being pumped from the reservoir. have tried taking the pipe off the master cylinder itself and pressing the pedal but nothing comes out ( I would have expected to see it spraying out on each push of the pedal) any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
They can sometimes take a lot of bleeding.

Taking the pipe from the master off will properbly have introduced more air in, I'd start again after making sure every thing is up tight.

Are you using a one-man bleed kit, I tried that and couldn't get it right so I ended up employing my 10 year old daughter and it worked fine.

Also DO NOT let the master cylinder empty while bleeding or you'll have to start again again.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
and from the man himself

Maybe it needs a bit more bleeding. They can be a pain to bleed. Best to use the old fashioned 2 person approach and never lift the pedal when the bleed nipple is loose.

Also, when bleeding, make sure the clevis is adjusted to give maximum master cylinder stroke and the pedal stop is swung out of the way. Bleeding with the pedal stop in position is futile!

·
A hammer fixes all
27 Posts
thanks talkingcars, I've recieved an email back off nigel with a couple of suggestions to try, I only tried it with the pipe off the master cylinder after no fluid was getting pushed through from the reservoir. just hoping it will be ok but this is my nightshift week at work from tonight so I won't be at my best this week lol

·
A hammer fixes all
27 Posts
They can sometimes take a lot of bleeding.

Taking the pipe from the master off will properbly have introduced more air in, I'd start again after making sure every thing is up tight.

Are you using a one-man bleed kit, I tried that and couldn't get it right so I ended up employing my 10 year old daughter and it worked fine.

Also DO NOT let the master cylinder empty while bleeding or you'll have to start again again.
well, very happy man now it was the pedal stop and the one man bleed kit, it is now fully operational. the wife really enjoyed sitting in the car pumping the pedal in the cold :rolleyes: but she does get to have her car back
thanks for the heads up on the one man bleed kit and thanks to nigel for his emails :beerchug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.