MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
LPG converted Black MK2. Does anyone recognise the plate? It seems familiar but that might be because it is shouting "BUY ME" at me.
Looks to have a scanguage, 16" wheels, silver calipers, rear tints, rear lexus lights, new badges but standard exhaust.
Unfortunately the conversion looks cheap, or at least is using the rear bumper which is not recommended by some. I'm trying ot figure out why anyone would sell a 40mpg equivalent v6? Not enough savings or unreliability?

On a side note, why does the car look better on 16s? Or is that just me?

edit, referenced a pic that you cannot see. Good one.
Linky: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/54-2004-M...2103732?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19ce1bb134
@talking cars - hands off!

editedit: conversion done by prestige. A quick google comes up with the words "avoid" and "black plague". So I think I'll be giving that a miss. Additional engine noise when running on LPG - sounds wrong to me.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I can tell you it was first registered in Glasgow.

I don't like it on 16" wheels personally, I wonder what happened to the original wheels.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
It looks very clean, and with belts done recently.

A shame the lpg conversion wasn't done by a more reputable company.

James (talking cars) doesn't like mk2s

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
The Reg rings a bell:yup:

·
Registered
398 Posts
not far from myself, did look at this when told mine was a total loss LOL

I think the car itself looks "cheap" with 16's and doesnt appeal like a mk2 normally should...

Cheap with all that done though

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
If I had that much spare cash lying around I'd be spending it on a conversion on my car.

I've done a quick search on http://www.lpgforum.co.uk/index.php where I am a moderator and can only see one mention of Presteige and that doesn't say anything good or bad about them.

Personally I'd rather have a tank in the spare wheel well and on a mk2 I'd hide the filler behind the rear number plate. The rest of the install looks tidy.

Black is one of the few colours I'd consider if I had to get a mk2, it's not that I don't like them, it's that I prefer the mk1, especially the dash and the boot.

Also I don't like the chrome rings or number plate surrounds, look tacky to me.
Why is the exhaust squint?
That LCD display isn't a scangauge, might be to do with the reverse sensors.
What is the switch in the blank to the right of the steering wheel, it isn't cruise control?

I do like hairpins, shame they aren't 17" or they would be on my ZS.
I also like the headrest screens, have considered converting the freestanding ones we have but they'll proberbly end up in my maestro.

All in all not bad but needs a couple of things sorting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts