MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ahhh. It's good to be back.....
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much is it to repair the bit on the side of the leather seats that rips in every version of the Zeds?

Example:

·
Registered
951 Posts
No idea sorry - but a fella I work with has had 2 front seats in his MX5 re-upholstered in black leather (headrests too) for 250 notes . . . . which I thought was a really good price.

Is that leather or is it a leather effect vinyl? I ask as my MKII has a full leather seat, has just turned 100k miles and has not deteriorated in the same fashion as the photo above shows.

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know - the previous owner must have been a right fat ass

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
you can just get a new patch sown in but because its burst stitching its expensive to get it done, i priced it up on my original seats for both sides and he wanted something like £150 for it, but managed to source a new set, now onto my third set some nice clean monaco ones:D

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Ritchy - are you saying that the above will be more expensive because the stitching is going?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
no sorry i see what you read there haha, the seat has special stitching that bursts for the airbag, so its more expensive to get a new panel sown into the seat effectively:)

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oooh right. So it would cost a bit then. I'm on the verge of buying the car but the dealer sent me that and now I am down in the dumps. I couldn't live with that. Also makes me think that the person didn't care about the car?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
get a new set off ebay, i payed £40 for my monaco seat covers, or phone rover breakers, you might be lucky i have a feeling the guy i go to is quite expensive but he does a good job, you could get some custom seat covers made up perhaps? make a nice interior whatever colour you liked, worth asking

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I was looking on Ebay but I have no idea what those seats are to work out the price.

You see I am only checking cause I am on a very tight budget and I want to make sure that if I buy the car its not going to cost me £££'s to fix

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001866

those ones id say but id wait till you get the car so you can double check the trim code

ive never come across axis seats in a zt if im honest but that is what they look like from the picture

im not sure if its truth or legend but as far as im aware the zs seat covers themselves for the front are the same as the zt seat cover but i cant be 100% on that

·
04/02/2010
417 Posts
They are Summit style.

ZT do come in Axis though.

Also ZS and ZT Front seat covers are the same :)

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sod it - not buying it if i have to go to all that hassle!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts