MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Saxo VTR 2000 for 18 months and have jsut bought a MG ZR 105+ with skirts and 17" alloys.
I prefer the MG for overall ca, for stlye, luxury, speed and handling.
But I think the VTR was quicker off the mark because as it was 8v you had more power at lower revs. The Mg only gets going over 4000PRM. But racing the 2 there isn't alot in it believe me I have tried.:cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
A little Banter's fine - S & R. :D You can stay. :D

Back to topic Paul send me some pics - Loads of 3-door ZR's on site now - mostly yellows and reds.

Latest Edition is RED and looks great! Imagine the 17" look cool!

·
The Cleaner (aka jon)
986 Posts
a little support for other cars allways makes for good fun.

I mean whats the point of having a lovely mg if youve no one to show up :p

Xpower, i hope to have a blue to send you way in a few weeks :D

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Getting back to topic. A Saxo may be a little quicker off the mark than a ZR 105 (though not much), the power im a 105 comes in at about 4000 rpm and, IMHO, this difference is soon made up.
The BIG advantage of a ZR is its handling. I prefer to use back roads, often twisty, and on these the contest will always have only one winner.

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
the saxo is also lighter than the ZR, I beleive you when you say the saxo is quicker "Off The Mark" but through the gears, your as dead as a duck in duck season. The VTR is only 8v, my mate has a modded one that pushes 109 bhp, but i'm sure My mate steve's 120 will put it firmly in its place.

The ZR is a quick motor, but i'm a little worried yours only kicks in at 4000RPM it might be worth thinking about getting the ECU updated next time you take it for a service.

Traffic light racing (Although very illegal :D) is a whole new ball game when you have a ZR! :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine is Anthracite ... the new "British Racing Green" ... just looking for some bright green paint now for that rally look :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
i brought a trophy yellow cause im i tight *******! i was told that for any other colour apart from red it would be an extra £400. originly i wanted green but the blues nice to. why couldnt they make white? i rekon that would 'av looked well smart!

·
The Cleaner (aka jon)
986 Posts
from speaking with my local rover dealer it seems you can basically get the entire range of rover colours on the mgs now its just the website and catalogues are out of date. Some paints apparently cost an extra 1500 to stick on :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts