MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok seeing as theres some interest, does anyone else fancy a day at santa pod, Id like to go and see what speed gain my mods have made.....march
21st maybe ???..

See dates here...
http://www.santapod.co.uk/calendar.php

Dave

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I would be up for that on the 21st.

Want to see what a lightweight flywheel and cams will do....:)

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Good fun and its quite friendly, I'm an old novice and if I can do it any one can. Line up in twos go up to the lights and the starter calls you forward between two lines, that sets you up and a light comes on, does the same with the guy alongside, then hits the start lights, like an upside down christmas tree. The lights go down to the bottom and the green comes on and your away. Only snag is they put stuff down at the start line and I just sat there spinning the wheels. It does get you and the next run will be perfect (or not ). When you finish the run you go through an exit on your left and then rejoin the line, or go off to the parking area. All runs are timed and you pick the slips up from the booking office.

Add me to the list please,

·
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, should be some interesting specs and cars to see then.

Dave

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I'm down for the 5 April T&T and the 6 RWYB with another club, my car won't be ready to run before this, although, I will come along to watch if it's before.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Could be up for this...

May be able to get some cheeky mods sorted by then to 'enhance' the experience :D

Dave V6
Ross
Dave mgt
Sie
Charger
Jerry*

J:)

·
What are vis valves?
3,313 Posts
hey chaps,

if i make it to pod this year i will probably go on a test and tune day rather than a rwyb public day, just because i know how bad ques can be and it can be annoying.

I may pop my head into this one but not sure

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
So?

Isnt this thread asking whos going to pod?

Put ya name down... not pics of wheels... PMSL

G

George

As I said in my first post, I may not be able too run on the day SO I have just received the new tyres today, which means, they could be available for others to use, BUT from your post I don’t think they’ll be any use to you :crackup

·
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mmmmm nice, they will help you run some seriously quick times Ed ......well you have already come to that ,lol.

Dave

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hello Peeps!!!

I'm back... I'll be going to the Pod on 21st and 22nd for the Fast Show.

My old MGB has been laid up for months due to work. But I'm doing some more tweaks which I hope to get finished for that weekend so I can get some test runs in. Ed! I may try for a T&T day as I want to get the car sorted for the Retro show in July when I'm hoping that elusive 10 second pass will come my way at last. I've been stuck between 11.5 and 11.8 since last July and I need to get my stuff together for 2009. I just got the old girl up on the stands and it makes me weep to see the rusty brake disk's.

PS
The MGB is about to have her 34th birthday!!

Regards
Perry

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hey Perry

I’ll be at the T&T, fair amount too sort with launch control, dial in the new tyres an all that.
I’ve not been out since last year, think you managed to squeeze in one more day than my last year, I’m looking to match your current PB mate.
Just as I catch up you all move forward, what’s that all about.

Nutty Neil in the GTM is gunning for it this year, I’m sure he’ll be a good person for you to race against, he’s already bagging high 11’ on a 150 shot and he’s got another 50 - 70 to come, plus some of the other major mods he’s been doing this the winter.

I’ll be great to see you mate, was hoping for a pre-season pie & pint Saturday with the crazies (You included) shame we didn’t get the time.

Eddie

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
**** happens eh Ed!!

We will no doubt manage a nice sunny Pod day this year where we can all rock up around the truck and trailer again.

I've been busy today ripping all the old nitrous stuff out. I've only got a few weeks to get the car completely rewired, and get the rear arches cut out etc. I dont think I've got a cat in hells chance of being ready, but I'm gonna have a good try.

Perry

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
I'm planning a Pod trip sometime this year to see what times my vi will do, and my mate with the blue Skoda Rapid now has a turbo from a Renault 5 fitted to his car and is running LPG so he wants to see if he can better his 19's from previously as a NASP 1.3

maybe I'll make it for the 21st..................and get my ass whupped by the ZS180's!

·
12,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hmmm looking forward to this now, my car will make a good run wether its set up for track or not, ill be amazed if it doesnt get in the 12's without even breaking sweat.

Dave

1 - 20 of 106 Posts