MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very sad to report my ZS180 MkII has just been declared a write off having been rearended a couple of weeks ago.

I bought her in September 2009 and enjoyed every one of the 15,000 miles we drove together.

Currently very sad and totally gutted.

AND I had the belt service done & a new inlet manifold fitted a couple of months ago!!!

I hope to get another, but I won't be in a position to do so for a few months.

In the meantime, thanks to the forum for all your help and support, keep motoring FAST, aim for the apex!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Agreed got to be worth a grand in parts being the mk2, lights and bumpers go for good money and the engines sell for big bucks all day long.

How bad is the damage, it might be worth a good price as spares or repair.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
If the boot floor hasn't been bent and its just the rear bumper etc, think I would buy it back, get s/h bits and a respray.

Typhoon on here sorted his car after a similar crunch.

Best of luck with it.

:wave:

·
The Devils Fuel
123 Posts
Buy it back & repair it Mk2's are few & far between as it is................
or as said buy it back & break it .......
leigh ZS180 on here did it & made a healthy profit........:yup:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
All panels are still in stock, try close call service offered by Xpart

The bodywork and mechanical write off avoidance programme for all MG Rover vehicles

0845 603 4451

They want to keep are pride and joys on the road.

Complete rear floor are in stock, back panels and rear quarters with bumpers.

Very much worth buying back

We used service on race car from this

to this

As long as the floor is not damaged under the seats then its fine to rebuild
as under Thactham rules some damage is not allowed to be repaired.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! Great news re. Xpart panels.

There is a small crease where o/s rear wing was pushed down & slightly out. Also a small crease in the boot under the o/s light cluster. Engineer has classed as Catagory C and valued salvage at £217.50!!!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Wow! Great news re. Xpart panels.

There is a small crease where o/s rear wing was pushed down & slightly out. Also a small crease in the boot under the o/s light cluster. Engineer has classed as Catagory C and valued salvage at £217.50!!!
I think I'm getting this wrong, so your insurance will pay out for the car (Or rather the party that hit you) and then you can buy it back for £217.50?

Worth it in my opinion if you love the car!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, the TP insurers will pay out on total loss basis and let me keep the car, albeit Cat C. for £217.50.

Would be daft not to keep it, eh?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yes, the TP insurers will pay out on total loss basis and let me keep the car, albeit Cat C. for £217.50.

Would be daft not to keep it, eh?
Daft not to, I'd buy a dozen rear ended MKII's if they were all that price, you could shift it on for 3-4 times that in one go or get it repaired, I take it its still driveable? If so take your time and buy the bits when they come up at reasonable prices.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
snip..........I take it its still driveable? If so take your time and buy the bits when they come up at reasonable prices.
But if it is a cat c you wont be able to insure it until it has been inspected after repair and as such can't be driven.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
But if it is a cat c you wont be able to insure it until it has been inspected after repair and as such can't be driven.
Doesnt need to be repaird just inpsected. If all it has is dents there is no reason why it wont pass a Vehical Identity Check which just makes sure its still the same shell and engine as what's on the V5 and not been repaired by using another shell.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Doesnt need to be repaird just inpsected. If all it has is dents there is no reason why it wont pass a Vehical Identity Check which just makes sure its still the same shell and engine as what's on the V5 and not been repaired by using another shell.
Opps, silly me, I kinda assumed that if a car has been rearended it has been hit from behind and if it has been hit hard enough to cause a small crease where o/s rear wing was pushed down & slightly out and a small crease in the boot under the o/s light cluster that there would be sufficiant damage to at least crack the rear bumper or the light cluster.

Perhaps I misunderstood what the OP meant by creases, perhaps they mispelt dent!

Like I said, silly me!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Opps, silly me, I kinda assumed that if a car has been rearended it has been hit from behind and if it has been hit hard enough to cause a small crease where o/s rear wing was pushed down & slightly out and a small crease in the boot under the o/s light cluster that there would be sufficiant damage to at least crack the rear bumper or the light cluster.

Perhaps I misunderstood what the OP meant by creases, perhaps they mispelt dent!

Like I said, silly me!
Cracked bumper and rear lights wont fail and MoT or a VIC check, only if parts of the light are missing and white light is showing through or sharp edges.

The wifes MR2 was writen of due to total loss for a dented door, its insane really, we just had to put new MoT on it and they didnt even bother coming out for the VIC just applied, sent the MoT and got the V5 back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts