MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My next plan is already in action..

Investigate the apparent gearbox or torque convertor slippage first. I was crossing the line at 5500rpm with only 117mph. I used to cross the line at 5200 rpm with 127mph. But I have a spare box and the convertors are not too expensive.

And while I'm working out how to get that lot tested by an expert I'll have the top off and get drilling for the direct port system. Lots of plumbing to do in the next 2 months before Retro show... I'll be on the dyno before then I hope :)

Catch up soon

Pel

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hmm!!

I havent thought about nossing up the shopping trolley yet Wirls ???

But I do have enough spare stuff to do it !!!

Its already run a 14.6 so i reckon i could get it to pull a strong 13 with not much effort ??

:)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Good news on the dyno yesterday :)

I ran the blower at 50% capacity (7psi) and she pullled an easy 335bhp with 468ft/lbs of torque. Topped out at 5700 rpm with a wheel speed of 142 mph.

I think I'm getting the hang of the blower setup now re ign and timing etc :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
First proper test runs at the pod look good. Took a while to dial in the ign timing but with just 7psi she runs 11.7's :)

Now to add more boost for the Retro Show weekend :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I added more boost + a bit of gas. Me and my Son both PB'd with 10.4's on Sunday. Mine was a whole 100th of a second quicker though :)
She topped out at 129.55 for a 10.4 so I'm smiling at the moment :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
I added more boost + a bit of gas. Me and my Son both PB'd with 10.4's on Sunday. Mine was a whole 100th of a second quicker though :)
She topped out at 129.55 for a 10.4 so I'm smiling at the moment :)
brilliant! well done!!!! perry, i joined you at a rolling road event last year i think maybe the year before??, do you know if you guys are going to be doing one again as if you were id love to join you.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I've done two dyno days this year red!!

The next one is on the 23rd july if you want to come along ??

If you can make it then email me your name and car details on

[email protected]

Make sure you title the email "DYNO DAY AT MARLIN MOTORS"

It will be £40 this year.

Regards
Perry

·
Registered
976 Posts
damn it perry!!! im in norway then, would have loved to have made it otherwise. let me know when you'll be there next. also how much is the pod? might try my track weapon there sometime, let me know when you'll be heading up there next too,

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hi Perry
Once again, good to see you and J, every time I show up you have a larger following.
On Sat car looked good, Sun it just done exactly what it says on the tin, very undramatic but by Christ does it shift.
2 x 10.4's gives you a great base line now, car seems to like the way it's being powered, not over powering the track either. I see 9's on the horizon mate.
Andy N had a problem, stopped half track and jumped out of the car, big engine fire, done the loom, he was bloody luck, 10 liter fuel cell and 11 lbs bottle of NOS in the car.
That was Sat. he worked through Sun and managed to put a loom together, he won his class with 2 10.5's.
I'm please to see all the usual suspects all doing well, seems to come together about this time of the year.
Neil took part on Sun in the NASP under 2 ltr so no FI or NOS, he won it, just no stopping that boy.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I'm glad Andy got sorted mate... Neil stopped in for a good chinwag as well. We didnt win class X with our 10.4's as Liams funny car chevette ran 8.8 and the guy with the GSXR100 took non road legal and road legal bike trophies. I'm not sure if he has 2 bikes but the website say GSXR 1100 on both?

How can diy blokes like us compete with pro cars? And with an 8 second bike in non road legal classes?

I dont mind losing to a car. But for what it would cost for another trophy the class X bikes could be separated ?

Anyway!
I need to calm the suspension down now as she is getting bit too lairy and wasting time on the launches?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjZz6eszNvs

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hi Perry
Glad to see your season end on a great note, you have a real mixed bag of data to take into 2012.
I assume you’ll be increasing boost and the NOS shot for 2012?
Hear you loud and clear with competing against the Pro teams, I always keep in mind they are always operating right on the ragged edge and their cars are temperamental at the best of times, they can be beat 1 in 5 times so consistency coupled with reliability has its place alongside all out top end 100% blind power.
The unfortunate natural disaster in Japan backed up my delivery of parts for the gearbox rebuild so my car didn’t make it out on track as intended, that said, I had a car to race in another series, which was loads of fun.
I’ll be out in 2012 racing for a new team in a sponsored car, should be fun.
See you track side in 12.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts