MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What an absolutely fantastic film. 1976 was the first season that I watched F1 and not on the box.

The incident at Brands that is not on the film I saw and took part in. Was 19 and the crowd were going mental as James Hunt was not going to be allowed to take part in the restart. Also watched the Race of Champions at Silverstone.

I thought the film gave great justice to James and Niki. Although a lot of artistic licence, James Hunt was not sick before every race (only when he drove his own F3/F2 cars. DUKE made a great film of James Hunt just before he died and there was a lot of legend in the film.

Bring back the 70's when teams like Hesketh could race in F1. An absolutely great era - before the "PC" idiots got involved.

Go watch it - you won't be disappointed.

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
yes a very good film.. enjoyed it, though I could done with more popcorn! The better the film the more popcorn I consume.. I ran out of popcorn, GREAT FILM

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
We saw it last weekend and both really enjoyed it, obvious for me who as a youngster remembers the Japanese GP as my first fixed F1 memory but for Mrs TC to enjoy it despite no interest in motorsport what so ever means it must have been really good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts