MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOVE DRIVING HER, BUT: I've only had the car out a few weeks and I'm not enjoying pulling up at the pumps all the time. I really am driving her more sensibly 50 60 mph tops with just a rare burst. £130 worth since 17th January. Got to get the drive shaft oil seal done in the Note. £130 worth of diesel would last me ages and ages.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I've noticed that around town it doesn't seem to matter how hard or how careful you drive her. Still end up back at the pumps at the same intervals.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I'm semi retired me and the missus often go for a run out to various parts of england and wales using the Note. 60+ mpg and she goes very well for a 1.5 Dci. I took the zed across to Bristol Thursday to give her a run and up the mpg but I don't think it's done much.

Looks like I will have to save up to come to Pride Of Longbridge ha! ha!

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
I'm fully retired, thats why I've got the derv!!!

Would love the power and sound of the V6.

Will look out for you at the Pride of Longbridge.

:wave:

·
Zedhead
177 Posts
If you think the zs180 is bad try running an old sierra xr4x4 2.8.. that thing drank fuel... as did my old gsi veccy, but i find the zed very similar to the fto gpx i owned before and for the performance the zed provides i think its pretty reasonable.. put it this way a scooby / evo would drink FAR more !

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I know. I used to drive one back in 1987 when I was a Traffic Officer. They were thirsty but it was all in a days work. My lads R reg scooby was about the same as the zed tbh

·
Registered
559 Posts
driving in a town for a zs is pain, also consumption is higher (can´t get it below 10L/100km) every hit of an accelerator makes my fuel gauge go down like hell, but my mom´s civic 1,8vtec 140ps makes 11L in town in these temperatures and short trips (really awesome for 1,8L engine). for these you can get bmw 330xd e90 with better power.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah but that's a rep mobile and our zeds are worthless these days. It will be approx 160 miles out of my £40 worth of petrol so I reckon it's about 25mpg.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
the way you drive deffo makes a difference. i've got an anti roll bar bush out at the moment so i've no choice but to drive extremely conservatively until i can replace it. since then i've been returning 300+ between fill ups. previously i was getting @ 250 and that was only using my lead boots a handful of times on roads i know very well and only at certain times during the day.

round town I wouldnt expect to get more than mid 20's per gallon irrelevant of how you drive as MPG is only ever an average. With a scangauge set up permanently you can see your average and actual MPG. I can get low 40's if i stick to about 55MPH. even better if youve got the wind behind you and your going down hill :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
i only push mine when its low on fuel and i know I'm filling it up anyway,on a run I'm quite surprised how well my 180 does,brilliant!! mrs loves my car but it be going in near future :((

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well my last two visits to the pumps were for £20 worth of the Esso Super Unleaded followed by £30 worth yesterday. I feel that she is running far smoother and sweeter on this and mpg seems to be much improved. Went for a nice 50 mile run yesterday and gauge behaving really well. Lets see then?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well my last two visits to the pumps were for £20 worth of the Esso Super Unleaded followed by £30 worth yesterday. I feel that she is running far smoother and sweeter on this and mpg seems to be much improved. Went for a nice 50 mile run yesterday and gauge behaving really well. Lets see then?
I used a whole tank of petrol saturday driving up and down the A1.
Drove from Lincoln up the A1 to Wetherby then down to Pontefract and back to Lincoln, unfortunately then back up the A1 to Selby then back down the
A1 to Lincoln...£60 in fuel but a smile a mile

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The super unleaded seems to give me quite a bit more for my money tbh and she feels a lot smoother. Did the diff oil seal in the Note today so a few weeks of 55+ mpg for me now.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did have a little grin yesterday when I saw 77.7 mpg come up on the display!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts