MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this problem?
When on full steering lock (either side) manoeuvring slowly (5 - 10 mph) over pot holes or low kerbs a rubbing/grating noise can be heard from the front end. I can only imagine it is the front tyres touching some part of the bodywork or suspension. I spoke to my dealer who said that this was to be expected with this car as it had lowered suspension with little clearance. Has anyone else noticed this, and do they think it is normal?

G

·
Paul

Fisrtly welcome to the board. :D

I think Kevin Neal has posted something on this. Not sure, if I would be happy with the dealers response though - tyres should NOT foul bodywork. :(

Oh! which model is it & tyre type - be interesting for when the guys/girls respond.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that was quick

Thanks for the reply, the car is a week old ZS 120 with the 16" alloys. I've had a quick look through the various forums, but I haven't found a thread mentioning the said problem. Yes, the dealers response was not satisfactory but I have not closed the problem, hence the previous posting. I do appreciate that not everyone will notice this problem, I only noticed the rubbing because the golf course I play at has a very tight turn from the main road and is full of pot holes. I call on you ZS drivers out there, try it for yourself.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've had the fronts rub very occasionally - though only in circumstances which cause one of them to be close to the highest point in its travel. The first time it happened, it was quite a hard rub. I mentioned it to my dealer, who trimmed a little of the wheelarch liner. This has made it a very rare occurance, and the rubs have only been mild since. I think that your dealer ought to be able to do something to help - especially if it is happening over potholes (mine has never rubbed over them). FWIW, mine is a 180 wearing PZeros.

HTH,

S.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Can't say that I've had any rubbing, although I will check for evidence over next day or so.
My car is a ZS 120 but has 17" wheels with Michelin Pilot sport tyres.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.