MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought some vitesse wheels for my 620Ti.

I now need the matching wheel nuts if anyone has them available?

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
516 Posts
NEVER use 620ti alloy wheel nuts when fitting Vitesse 17" alloy wheels to any 600. There's a BIG difference in size of the nuts required: Vitesse 17" need the larger Rover nuts ~ see picture :~

Under certain conditions, the smaller 620ti nuts could pull through the larger holes of the Vitesse 17" locations :~

I have a good set of 16 of the larger nuts if you still seek them. PM me for details of price etc.

Three of the 620ti in our family have them fitted. Not only do they enhance the car's appearance, handling and grip is better provided the tyres are good.

I also fitted a set with Avons on my Diesel 600 I hade some years ago ~ transformned that car's handling :~

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
NEVER use 620ti alloy wheel nuts when fitting Vitesse 17" alloy wheels to any 600. There's a BIG difference in size of the nuts required: Vitesse 17" need the larger Rover nuts..
So which are the usual ones found on most MGR's?

·
Registered
516 Posts
So which are the usual ones found on most MGR's?
Define most MGRs.

There are several common variations used on MGs and Rover Alloy Wheels. Three most common that come to mind being the small ones used on the 620ti standard fit 16" six spoke alloys. These are plain chrome finished one piece Nuts. The more substantial ones used on the 800 Vitesse 17" and other larger ones used on MG Montegos, Maestros and MGFs have a stainless steel cap covering ~ easily damaged by heavy handed use of power tools in pro workshops. There are others like those used on some 200, 400, 25 and 45 Rover and MG alloy wheels.

Some are of two piece construction having a seperate, movable tapered collar/washer whilst others the taper is fixed and integral to the body of the nut. There are probably others of which I'm not aware.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts