MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the common faults, what to look for, avoid etc

My old man is in the market for a new car, he got his pants totally pulled down on his last car (a brand new piece of crap citeron) so I suggest a 75 diesel would suit him down to the ground, good spec, cheap, and most importantly not french.

so what should he look for.

And if anyone knows of one for sale, pref in the S.E. the later the better and a decent spec, then let me know.

Am I right in thinking the 75 will have softer suspension then the ZT?

ta

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
You're right the 75 will have a softer ride than the ZT.

The ZT ride will vary depending on age as the earlier models had a full sports set up. From 2003 they have a softer ride.

There's not much goes wrong with them that I can remember, radiator fans need checking as they're a bit unreliable, and check the clutch too.

The BMW engine is a corker, but get the 135 if you can as the 115 is a bit sluggish.

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
didn't the early ones have the L series or a development of it? when did the Beemer diesel engine come in?
No they were always BMW engines from the start on the diesel. There was a plan to replace them with an updated L-Series called the G-Series but the company went bust before the project was finished :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts