MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unfortunately we have for sale our Rover 25 which due to circumstance has been a little unloved for the last 6 months and needs to go to a new home.

Purchased back in 2005 with just 35,000 miles on it is now on 96,000 and has been a reliable run around in this time.

For the last 6/7 months it has sat in the garage as I took a new job with company car, and after charging the battery the other weekend it started first time!

‘Rosina’ to give her her official name, is as follows:

Year: 2000 W reg
Model: Rover 25 1.4 iS
Colour: Metallic Burgundy (I’m sure there’s a proper name for it)
Miles: 96,000 +/-

MOT: Unfortunately run out in May '10
Tax: ran out at the weekend (31st Oct) (currently SORN'd)

Tyres: Need to check, but from memory still have good tread left.

History: serviced yearly in April/May prior to MOT. Digging out paperwork but found (44,000 in June 2006 service, 55,000 in May 2007 service/brakes, 91,000 in November 2009 service/pads)

We experienced HGF in late November 2009 (typically just after the last service) which was fixed, cleaned up etc and all is well with her now.

Good points:
Great bodywork! For a ten year old car the car does sparkle a hopefully you can see from the pics. Nice alloys in very good condition. Interior is in pretty good nick, no rips or tears or shoddy bolsters etc. No rust. All panels line up, no dings or dents!

Bad points:
Due to taking my new job I had to repair the exhaust (with gum gum) as the centre section was rusting where it meets the back box. It is blowing again through my repair.
Both front fog lights have not worked for 5 years! Both have been broken twice due to country lane driving (following cars on muddy roads) so we’ve given up repairing them.

Open to reasonable offers, but cannot break the car as just wouldn’t know where to start! Any questions please ask.

Please PM on here, or evenings-only please on 07906 377 033. We’re in South Leicestershire.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the comment mgzszszs...

She's a lovely little car!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bttt for the weekend

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now SORN'd... any offers?

Cheers,
CHRIS.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bttt...

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Looks mint:yup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PM's were sent but not heard anything. Asking too much?

I see a non-running R25 on ebay currently at £230!!

£300/£250 anyone?

Cheers,
CHRIS.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,

Sorry the PM didn't arrive with you Steve.

I'll check the collant in the morning as not sure if it's just my photography!

You local Steve?

Cheers,
CHRIS.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Stevedx,

As original post the car needs bits doing to it that I don't have the skill or patience to do (or cash) so ideally looking for someone who likes tinkering with cars but understand that I am narrowing down the potential buyers...

hence in my eyes a bargain price for a car in good nick...

Cheers,
CHRIS.

·
Drive an MG, you do!!!
649 Posts
I like tinkering etc, but not sure how i would get it back here without it being mot'd and drivng it. Is it just the exhaust that is stopping a mot?

Did you check the coolant level?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Coolant level is fine and is sitting mid way in the container (where the thick rim part of the container is - if that makes sense?) I've cleaned the pot and taken a couple of pics but can't make it look much different to the pic in the ad!

ref the MOT yeah the exhaust is stopping us putting it thru as it's all added expense we'd rather not have... So yes rather pigeon-holing our prospective buyers - we're looking for a person with a trailer/exhaust/likes to tinker...

I'd rather someone can get some use from her or needs the parts (or import parts to her as she is a lovely little motor) - anyone any offers as I just cannot face scrapping her!

Cheers,
CHRIS.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Awww be a damn shame to scrap her, If I didnt have a streetwise I'd have it, cant go wrong really at that price. Seen an 04 ZS MK2 1.8 version with under 50,000 on the clock with mint interior go for £1300, this is the market for buying, and not for selling.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bttt - it's been a while!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts