MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I placing this thread here so that it may get a wider audience.

Tonight ffcphone mentioned "Rolling Roads," on another thread. I have mentioned it on other issues. Maybe now is the time to think about booking one for later in the year, it will answer all those questions of whether you should consider fitting "aftermarket" stuff like so and so's car!

Time of year - Oct/Nov as things start to quieten down generally.

Anyone interested in doing this, it may answer a few questions you have? I've used Powerstation at Cheltenham, in the past (once with an EVO).

What do you think?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Forgive me for being dumb...

...but what is the deal with rolling roads - is it to get an accurate indication of how your car is performing, possibly highlighting any areas for concern?

Or something else? :confused:

·
Which one shall I drive today?
6,507 Posts
It would be great if you can get hold a T4 or what ever its called and put this police mode thing to bed

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Tony

My car shoud make what it says on the box. However, as u say people who have tuned - induction kitted cars, it would give some definitive answers.

But, I would put my car on the road as a baseline against a tunned ZT. :D

PS. No comment on PM.

On the deal with roads - they give you a max bhp figure against revs & torque.

PSS. Further thought - I'm still IN with the EVO scene and if you would like a joint EVO/MGR "rolling road" meet I'm sure it could be arranged. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
a few months ago i had my ZR160 on the rollers with police mode enabled (yes it does feel better - power coming in at 2100rpm and the immobiliser still works). I have since done another 4000miles and fitted a pipercross induction kit. Next saturday i will be on the same rolling road so will see if there is any difference.
The last reading was very dissapointing - 151bhp @ 6768rpm + 129lbft torque. The car had only done 1200miles so maybe not run in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts