MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title explains it all! never really came across a really bad road rager just the od little ones but the other day some kid in a peugot 307 tryed to over take me and then realised there was a car coming the other way so he had to slam his brakes on and get back behind me.

Then he starts flashing his lights at me like none stop, At first I thought it was the police because its a common police car round here but then i thought naaa doubt it and carryed on,

As we got to the next set of traffic lights he trys to box me in but fails he then gets out of his car along with some other kid and starts swearing his head off me saying i was playing with his life not letting him past he then trys to open my car door but I aint stupid I always have my doors locked no matter what so he failed at doing that which made him even more angry at this point i was laughin I no i shouldnt but hayy I couldnt help it I opened my window and told him whats what he then starts hitting my window and kicks my door, His other mate then gets out the car at this point I thought F**k this and sped off and didnt think much of it till I got out the car and realised how much damage he actually did heres a picture of my new car door thanks to this T*AT*!

I aint one for going to the police but I did anyway and as always they carn't help because I dont have the registration of the car and there was no camaras on that road!.

argghhh so angry it depresses me everytime i go to get in my car i see that dent :( poor thing :( hahaa should be able to pop it back out right?!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I had a similar thing happen a few years ago. I opened my door and got out!! At which point he drove off sharpish!! I'v no idea what he thought he was going to do if he didn't have the bottle to do it!! Hope you get your door sorted for as little as possible!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a similar thing happen a few years ago. I opened my door and got out!! At which point he drove off sharpish!! I'v no idea what he thought he was going to do if he didn't have the bottle to do it!! Hope you get your door sorted for as little as possible!!
I'm planning on doing it my self by removeing the door cards and trying to push/hammer it back out lol just getting the door card off is going to be tricky.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience. You have to be careful these days, lot of loonies out there.

I wouldn't hammer it, even try to pull it out with a plunger if you can. I have a suction cup that's used for handling panes of glass that would do a good job but don't suppose you'd have one of those?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear about your experience. You have to be careful these days, lot of loonies out there.

I wouldn't hammer it, even try to pull it out with a plunger if you can. I have a suction cup that's used for handling panes of glass that would do a good job but don't suppose you'd have one of those?
I personally don't but I work for a window company surely theyll have something? lol If not ill try the plunger trick :).

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Id have jumped straight out the car and put him through his own windscreen. Had a similar thing some guy behind me going mental hanging out his window shouting all sorts. Had a mate in the car and we both jumped out and walked over to his car he soon shut up and put his window up pretty quick. Got no time for these idiots if I'm on the bike I clip their wing mirrors as I go past in traffic ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Id have jumped straight out the car and put him through his own windscreen. Had a similar thing some guy behind me going mental hanging out his window shouting all sorts. Had a mate in the car and we both jumped out and walked over to his car he soon shut up and put his window up pretty quick. Got no time for these idiots if I'm on the bike I clip their wing mirrors as I go past in traffic ;)
Lmao i know there is some idiots on the road these days and I was on my own at the times and there was 3 of them so I just drove off I didnt
Know he damaged my car till I got home.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
It's why I always carry a digital camera in the door pocket just in case I need evidence. You might thing this is crazy, but the other week some bozo behind me was tailgaiting while he was chatting on his mobie. I was convinced he was going to rear-end me so eventually I got out at a set of lights and stood in front of his car and took a nice picture of him behind the wheel phone-to-ear and one of his number plate. lol. He looked a bit startled and kinda mouthed an innocent "Wha..?" at me. So I put an imaginary phone to my ear, smiled and went back behind the wheel. He put his phone down and kept his distance after that.

Anyway, sorry about the damage to your door. Makes my blood boil, tbh.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's why I always carry a digital camera in the door pocket just in case I need evidence. You might thing this is crazy, but the other week some bozo behind me was tailgaiting while he was chatting on his mobie. I was convinced he was going to rear-end me so eventually I got out at a set of lights and stood in front of his car and took a nice picture of him behind the wheel phone-to-ear and one of his number plate. lol. He looked a bit startled and kinda mouthed an innocent "Wha..?" at me. So I put an imaginary phone to my ear, smiled and went back behind the wheel. He put his phone down and kept his distance after that.

Anyway, sorry about the damage to your door. Makes my blood boil, tbh.
Haha Id love to of seen that lmao hate people that use there phones while driving! , and I have a socket wrench in my door now just in case ad it carnt be classed as a weapon by the police lol

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Haha Id love to of seen that lmao hate people that use there phones while driving! , and I have a socket wrench in my door now just in case ad it carnt be classed as a weapon by the police lol
The funniest part was, the camera battery was dead! lol

·
Audi S4 500HP
6,659 Posts
Sad to hear of your experience .

a decent dent guy should be able to make that look much better

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Nasty, there are some idiots out there.

Sadly I think the top of the dent is creased so may not come out completly.

Even now I'd report it to the police, they may have had other reports or the driver/car may be known to them.

I used to confront people until I was cut up by a 5 series BMW in Catford oneway system while driving a 7.5 tonner, I was half way out the door when I realised the driver had the build and apperance of Mike Tyson and under the number on the plate in said something along the lines of "heavy weight boxing champion"!

Don't forget most phones have a camera nowadays and it's normally quite handy.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I used to confront people until I was cut up by a 5 series BMW in Catford oneway system while driving a 7.5 tonner, I was half way out the door when I realised the driver had the build and apperance of Mike Tyson and under the number on the plate in said something along the lines of "heavy weight boxing champion"!
Pah you dont need your ear lobes anyway! :lol:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
similar thing happened to me, I was about to leave for work one morning and a van pulled across my driveway blocking me in. I was fuming, I got out my car, slammed the door, walked up to the van, banged on the roof and said to the driver "yow don't want to park that there chummy" what I can only describe as the body double for the hulk stepped out the van and said "why's that then mate" I had to think quick and said "they're a right bunch of moaning gets round here" and went back inside until he'd gone.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
similar thing happened to me, I was about to leave for work one morning and a van pulled across my driveway blocking me in. I was fuming, I got out my car, slammed the door, walked up to the van, banged on the roof and said to the driver "yow don't want to park that there chummy" what I can only describe as the body double for the hulk stepped out the van and said "why's that then mate" I had to think quick and said "they're a right bunch of moaning gets round here" and went back inside until he'd gone.
Lmaoo one of them moments you wish you never did anything? lol

and yeah i noticed the crease i was also worryed about the fact the door handle has been push in aswell so itll be harder to pull that back out and also now my window wont wind down, well it does but you got to pull it really hard likes it getting stuck on the dent! ffs -.-

·
Registered
59 Posts
theres no harm in trying to push it out or use a suction tool you aint got much to lose as for the tool that kicked it i would report it to the police they might have cctv covering that area

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Why didn't you let him pull in after trying to overtake? I HATE it when people do that to me. Fair enough the response was not justified, but you should have let him pull back in?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Why didn't you let him pull in after trying to overtake? I HATE it when people do that to me. Fair enough the response was not justified, but you should have let him pull back in?
problem is what happends if you both slow down then the person overtaking will think your trying to block them ...best of just staying at same speed let them make there own decision .

you dont drive for other people you should drive for your self.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Ive never had that problem myself, but why should you slow down for someone overtaking?! If they cant overtake in time thats their mistake for trying, as said if you both slow down then what?! Best to drive at a steady speed.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts