MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Meh

Any loss of life is tragic, But I'm not going to celebrate her glory. She could sing, and err, she could sing? Kirk Cobain was also a drug addict and a total pratt, the world sings his praises to this day, I don't.

Same will be said for Amy.

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
i agree, tragic waste of life but for me she was famous with no justifiable reason, no talent and a terrible example to our younger generations.
What a super role model.!!

·
Economy motoring
2,301 Posts
Meh

Any loss of life is tragic, But I'm not going to celebrate her glory. She could sing, and err, she could sing? Kirk Cobain was also a drug addict and a total pratt, the world sings his praises to this day, I don't.

Same will be said for Amy.
Kirt Cobain will be remembered for alot longer than winehouse. I thought he was a bit of a waster untill Mark Radcliffe talked about Kirts death. He suffered from mental health issues most of his life but the thing that kept him going was getting success with his band. When he was the front man of one of the biggest bands in the world his problems didn't go away and you can only guess at how bad that must feel. Nothing more to aim for in life etc. Winehouse was a disaster waiting to happen. I'm supprised the record company didn't step in to stop her going downhill. Thats another to join the '27' club.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
its hard to know what the full story is, the way media can portray someone can be completely different to what they actually are, she was a brilliant singer and i am pretty sad, such a waste, drugs can change people a lot know through my own friends or ex friends, messes people up really badly

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
If you remember, about 3 years ago her father made a statement to the press that her daughter had been diagnosed with early stages of lung disease (emphysema) which is mainly an old person's disease usually brought on after years of cigarette smoking but can develop at a much younger age through crack abuse. ("Crack Lung")

Soon afterwards the story was retracted and they said that she was fine. I didn't believe their denials cause no father would make a claim like that about his own daughter having a serious health unless it was true. It was obvious to me that either Amy or her publicists had put pressure on him to deny the story because it doesn't help a young pop icon's "image" to be suffering from a highly "unfashionable" disease associated mostly with old people!

That's how the pop industry works. Image above all else.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Saw headline on paper yesterday that her mum said that giving up drink had killed her, any see this? I never buy a paper, just curious.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts