MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going?

I shall be there with my rebuilt 200vi and my mate Steve will be there with his turbo nitrous'd Skoda Rapid..................

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
You should knock a few tenths of your time if the conditions are ok:)

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I'll be about all weekend, helping out a couple of friends, not running though.
I will keep an eye out for you

Eddie

·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should knock a few tenths of your time if the conditions are ok:)
I did eventually Paul - previously my best had been a 16.03sec run @ 86.45mph.

At the Retro Show my fastest run was a 15.63sec run @87.70mph:)

So almost as fast as my best time in my old ZS180 - 15.51sec @ 89.08mph.

I always thought my vi wasn't far of a ZS180 for pace, it's just missing 2 cylinders and doesn't howl quite as nicely as a KV6 @ 6k rpm.:)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Well done Steve.

I got hammered by a Skoda on one run :)

I still could not get into the 10's. But its coming.

I did however go home with this from yesterday :)

·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well done Perry.

I watched one of your runs and your car now launches dead straight and flat. Still doesn't sound like a Rover V8:)

Into the 10's later this year maybe...............was too windy yesterday, but I still got a sunburnt right arm:err:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Thanks Steve.
I've got more tweaks to try before the next day out on Sunday 2nd August where I may just dip my toe into the 10's if all goes well eh?

Thats assuming my Skoda Nemesis does not turn up to haunt me :)

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Steve

Nice to meet up again, I like the Vi, sounds great with the new mods.
Matching the ZS time shouldn’t be taken for granted, your times were off the back of some average 60fts, if your 60’s were in the criteria of 2.2 this would be getting real close to a 15.00, that coupled with the other things we discussed would drop you into the 14’s.
The car certainly has the potential to run a 14 something with some adjustments and would also make for a very good track weapon.

Eddie

·
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steve

Nice to meet up again, I like the Vi, sounds great with the new mods.
Matching the ZS time shouldn’t be taken for granted, your times were off the back of some average 60fts, if your 60’s were in the criteria of 2.2 this would be getting real close to a 15.00, that coupled with the other things we discussed would drop you into the 14’s.
The car certainly has the potential to run a 14 something with some adjustments and would also make for a very good track weapon.

Eddie
Thanks for that Eddie, you are right that I need some lower profile tyres and / or smaller wheels as the 65 profile tyres I have at the moment aren't really helping.

I'm thinking about getting some 195/55/15 R888's or something later on when I have some £££ and ditching the Yokohama A509's as they are not really what I want. I used them as road tyres to get home after pod and they were ok but not stunning. Not so good in the wet I found yesterday either.

Other than that I need to practice my starts and 60ft's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts