MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm trying to retro-fit electric rear windows but am finding that with my car it is not a plug and play mod.

I've installed the door lumes, switches, relays and checked the fuses but there is no power getting to the regulators. Is it possibe that the early MK2's may have had this option disabled with the T4 book if it wasnt a required option?

If anyone has had experience of this i'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction, cheers ears :irked:

·
04/02/2010
417 Posts
Both my old ZS's Both MK2's didnt have elec windows. I retrofitted to both and had no issues.

Are you sure you connected everything?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I'm assuming you have leccy front windows already, the scu only has the option for electric windows, it doesn't seperate front and rear afaik.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both my old ZS's Both MK2's didnt have elec windows. I retrofitted to both and had no issues.

Are you sure you connected everything?
I did read one of your posts stating that, but they were both 05's wasn't they? Thats why i thought maybe early MK2's may have been different. I read that early MK2's shared the same alarm as MK1's so thought there may be other differences with the electrical system.

Good point though, i will check the multi-plug to the door is connected correctly tomorrow. The rear passenger door hasnt locked with the central locking since i had the old scissor arm off but assumed that was the new regulated arm fouling something as the button still pops up and down when you press the fob.,

I'm assuming you have leccy front windows already, the scu only has the option for electric windows, it doesn't seperate front and rear afaik.
Yes already have front e/w. at least i can eliminate the scu.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Silly questions but

a) you have got the drivers control switched to on?
b) the fuses are in place in the fusebox?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
In the centre consol you should have the 2 rear window switches, and below them on the left the switch for the front passanger window and on the right a switch that disables the rear switches, in mine it also disables the front passanger window.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
If you have an early mk2 110 it will not be switched on your scu unit, and will be disabled. I have aftermarket electric windows in the front, and whoever fitted them made bit of a hash of it.

I had problems with my alarm recently and had the scu sent off, and I have a print out sheet to verify the windows are disabled.

It maybe a different case for you if you already had front electric windows installed at the factory?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, i went over the connections tonight and voila. I think it was the multi-pin plug from the door. Had a play with the over-ride on the console aswell. I always thought that was MK1 central locking switch and didnt do anything on the MK2. Thanks for the assist guys. Its nice when its something simple :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts