·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up to 24 retired nurses could find themselves with out a home:
This was how the story broke:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/search/display.var.18290
81.0.nurses_to_be_forced_out_of_their_homes.php

My father is one of the retired nurses, and in his mid 70's he is not a well man.
So myself, my family and other relative of the elderly nurses are putting up a fight to save the homes of these elderly nurses, who have given there lives to helping sick people. We have set up a petiton if you would like to sign.

The land is to be sold to the highest bidder could be a supermarket chain, though the the Royal College of Nursing now deny that it is any talks with a supermarket. Tesco were mentioned!

Hopefully it will be a housing association willing that take on the properties or the RCN could just keep the cottages, and make more of an effort as Trustees, instead of trying to sell them off. We have a legal team also looking into the legality of the sale, as a resiterd charity I'm not sure the land can be just sold off like that.

the petition is here:
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/save-the-john-howard-cottages.html

PS I would be grateful if you would pass the links onto anyone you may know that works in the Nursing Profession - thanks!

·
Administrator
10,642 Posts
Almost unbelievable.

Utterly crazy situation.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Kelvin is this a different one to the other one you posted?

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
No need to apologise kelvin:)

I just thought maybe it was 2 different places.

1 Posts
Up to 24 retired nurses could find themselves with out a home:
This was how the story broke:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/search/display.var.18290
81.0.nurses_to_be_forced_out_of_their_homes.php

My father is one of the retired nurses, and in his mid 70's he is not a well man.
So myself, my family and other relative of the elderly nurses are putting up a fight to save the homes of these elderly nurses, who have given there lives to helping sick people. We have set up a petiton if you would like to sign.

The land is to be sold to the highest bidder could be a supermarket chain, though the the Royal College of Nursing now deny that it is any talks with a supermarket. Tesco were mentioned!

Hopefully it will be a housing association willing that take on the properties or the RCN could just keep the cottages, and make more of an effort as Trustees, instead of trying to sell them off. We have a legal team also looking into the legality of the sale, as a resiterd charity I'm not sure the land can be just sold off like that.

the petition is here:
Save the John Howard Cottages on Roedean Rd, Brighton

PS I would be grateful if you would pass the links onto anyone you may know that works in the Nursing Profession - thanks!
Happening full force in the USA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts