MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
often cruized never beaten......
239 Posts
got some on mine. they just stick over the standard ones. the look really good aswell. one thing though. order 2 of them cause the free one is to small theres nowhere for it to go. i need another 1 for the front of mine.lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ive got some on mine...they look good fit can be a little difficult they arent the exact shape just be careful and as a tip use a stronger adhesive too!!

·
won hay-tee
607 Posts
got some on mine. they just stick over the standard ones. the look really good aswell. one thing though. order 2 of them cause the free one is to small theres nowhere for it to go. i need another 1 for the front of mine.lol

I have two of the smaller free ones sitting at work on the notice board, totally useless and nowhere they could go/fit :irked:

I fitted 2 of the black type ones to my front/rear, and i have 4 silver round dome ones on my refurbed straights.

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
Would this be able to be adapted to fit over the original curved bit on the MK2 saloon badge?
I think it will have to be a complete replacement, also that badge is flat so it will need to be modified, I bought one and am working on a jig to make the modification easier and repeatable. Basically it is hollow at the back so needs to be filled and then have a curve sanded into it. That is my plan . .

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
Sorry to spam blah de blah but does anyone know what the correct part number is for a MK2 4 door boot badge? is it DAB000180?
MK2 saloon badge is DAB000330 NLA.

Pretty sure DAB000180 is for MK1

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
that badge is flat so it will need to be modified.
or could i just modify the existing badge by sanding the old badge off so that it was flat [the badge side not the curved side], then adhere the replacement badge over the top.

My badge is knackered anyway so might debadge me arse end and give it a try.

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
or could i just modify the existing badge by sanding the old badge off so that it was flat [the badge side not the curved side], then adhere the replacement badge over the top.
Nope, that won't work with the badge you linked to on ebay. Its made from pressed aluminium and is about 4mm thick at the edge and is flat. The back is hollow so there isn't much for an adhesive to stick too . . .

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts