MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
i remeber seeing a thread about reparring or even removing the butterflies in the inlet manifold on the kv6 as my zs 180 needs a new one and was thinking of trying to repair it.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Can't recall anyone repairing an inlet manifold.:dunno:

·
A boffin and proud of it
1,893 Posts
Don't do anything too drastic. Replacement power valve operating arms will soon be available.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Don't do anything too drastic. Replacement power valve operating arms will soon be available.
I remember you saying you were close to producing a replacement but couldn't find your post.lol:doh

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shredist how long do you think this will be untill its ready? i have a leaking thermostat and i have to take the inlet manifold off to do it so i thought id do it in one lot.
also do you think there would be a big power increase?

·
A boffin and proud of it
1,893 Posts
First one is ready

The arm is plated steel with modified spherical ball joints. A plastic part connects the arm to the motor.

Each spherical joint has some adjustment in the arm and is secured with a nut clamping the arm between washers.

The whole assembly is designed not to fall apart. steel locknuts are used and split pins stop the nuts coming off the end of studs and to lock studs into the spherical coupling.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Great stuff, Looks much more substantial! If only as much effort had gone into developing the plenum in the first place!!

Any idea when they will be available?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh brilliant
looks much much better than the standard one!
when would i be able to get my hands on one and have you a rough price for them yet?
is it a exhance basis?

·
Registered
213 Posts
i want one now / with reconditioned vis motors then i know ill have 100% issue free zs
plus if this is any where near as good as his clutch mod then its a must buy even if your inlet works fine

·
Life is just a like a bowl of Cherries!
1,202 Posts
All very well, but how are you going to seal the plenum, since this is the real issue other than the butterfly mechanism?

·
Double Agent
2,746 Posts
Sheddist...

How much and when can I get them? I assume if your building them you require the old units in exchange?

Either way I need two! I have one 180 that the mani has completely gone in and other on its way out!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
a major issue is opening the manifold in the first place!!

Wouldn't that be too heavy for the vis? the original arm weights nothing at all, and with no support on the far end from the vis I'd have thought you would start to get issues?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thats great news Sheddist,could we have a price and availability when your ready to start supplying, as i think many of us need this fantastic upgrade ! well done keep up the good work. PS i also need a clutch kit as well..

1 - 20 of 57 Posts