MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i need a remap doing on my track car, is there anyone that can come out to your home and do a decent remap? or do you have to go to the garage? i need a proper job doing tho just to make sure all my mods are running the fueling right as it sounds a bit lumpy. Any ideas?

cheers

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
Reidy has a good rep on the forums.
Stamford who is on .org and I think one of the other ZS forums (zscentral? maybe) took his ZS180 to Reidy and got 200bhp out of it with his remap and his induction and zorst mods.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Reidy has a good rep on the forums.
Stamford who is on .org and I think one of the other ZS forums (zscentral? maybe) took his ZS180 to Reidy and got 200bhp out of it with his remap and his induction and zorst mods.
Stamford's 180 is the one used by Reidy to get the map, he had it there all day working out the best results.

He is on:- the MGZS.co.uk and says the car is still pulling well.

I know Reidy was going to allow different tuning garages to use his map. Dont know if that ever came off but might be worth a call to him.

My derv ended up with 159 bhp and 236 ft/lbs torque. When it first went on the rollers it came back with 162 bhp. I'd had an earlier remap where they took out the ECU and sent it away.

Reidy said that they had removed the limiters off 1st and 2nd gears, that could have caused the gearbox to blow up.

Least you feel you can trust his work and he wont just go out for the max bhp, he will look after the engine/gearbox side of things.

:wave:

·
Registered
731 Posts
reidy does not have a rolling road just yet, he has moved and is waiting for the rr to be installed.

I am waiting so I can get mine done as well.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've just spoken to him and he says he does have a rolling road, need to get my car there I think.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I will be taking a trip down to RR when I have fitted the rest of my exhaust.
Heard the manifolds are a right ball ache, you sure you want to put yourself through that!! :whistle: :lol:

Ive heard good things abour Reidy, think he remapped mine when the previous owner had it. When I have funds would like to take it back just to make sure the fuelling is still alright.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Heard the manifolds are a right ball ache, you sure you want to put yourself through that!! :whistle: :lol:

Ive heard good things abour Reidy, think he remapped mine when the previous owner had it. When I have funds would like to take it back just to make sure the fuelling is still alright.
If we may go off-topic... I have heard that, and "never again" but i;ve also heard they're easy. You offering to help?

back on topic, group discount would be nice but give us chance to have the car ready for it eh? ;) Depends how long it takes but a RR session would be good if it's a few hours each?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Bump

Is it worth me phoning Matt and asking about a group discount?

Off topic - manifolds were easier than I thought. 1/2 drive set including UJ and a 15mm spanner was pretty much all that was required. I've not been put off doing another set if I was asked to.

Reidy Remaps website said:
Currently the rolling road is out of action but watch this picture below for the progress of the dyno being setup. when its is fully setup we will have an anouncement on this page.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts