MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally off to Reidy Remaps in Yeovil this morning for the long awaited work to be carried out now that the dyno has been repaired. I will let you know how it all works out later.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm no boffin on all this sort of stuff and I'll try and photo the printout for your observations later. Basically she was running at 184 bhp with my mods of a de cat pipe and hand crafted air filter system. Reidy remaps have now tweaked her up to 194bhp so a 10bhp gain. I can't say that I have or indeed will notice any difference at the higher speeds. But she does seem to tick over smoother and feels slightly more torquey in the lower rev ranges, with slightly more popping through the exhaust. Had one of those 2.0diesel small bmw's try it on on the M49 back across towards Wales. No contest! Oh! and a smart arse Mr TDCi Mondeo on the A37 on the way down. He thought that was good around the twisty's but there I was and after about 20 miles there was my safe overtaking opportunity. Left in my wake. He didn't like it much! I was going to put her up for sale on piston heads but now I'm not so sure?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Glad you had a good run there, and Matt was able to free it up a bit.

The one problem with nasp is there will never be any hige increases from mapping unlike a turbo.

the small minor driveability tweaks and smoother idle will be better than the 10bhp top end in real world terms.

am waiting to get my exhuast manifold pressure bleedoff system sorted and i will pop down to yeovil again for a final tweak\run to finish everything off i think :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
my car was running 193.6BHP when i got her i have just put on an airfilter and the second dee cat pipe im not shore what she is running now. but my airfilter has a mad sound to it it sound's like iv got a turbo and dump valve its well cool. i want 2 do my cam's and dee cat the down pipe's. and other mods. when i get it all done im going 2 REMAP it would be better when u have all your bits on first then u would get the fall power!

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Normal unleaded. Here's the graph. Sorry, but it's the best photo I could do. No vis issues with mine according to Lates when he tested it all in April. Got to be honest. These cars are a lovelly drive and well under estimated in my books. The twisty's today has re kindled my love affair.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm away from the office for a while now so any further questions will be addressed upon my return.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
...........The one problem with nasp is there will never be any hige increases from mapping unlike a turbo.

the small minor driveability tweaks and smoother idle will be better than the 10bhp top end in real world terms..........
What it should do is tie all the mods togeather and make the car more responsive on the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts