MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a couple of days reflection on the TCV I have reached the view that Peter Stevens has got it just about right . While many of us like the twin lights and wood interiors of cars like the 75, these things are not enough to regenerate the brand for the future. So I like the agressive forward thinking design , Rover have done this in the past ( SDI etc) and with the surface areas designs giving an Audi quality look to the vehicle then I can see Rover becoming the practical , stylish and luxurious car brand that the name truly deserves. MG will always fit as the ultra sports brand alongside. Things really are looking up for Longbridge- long may it continue.

·
Longbridge !
3,306 Posts
I think the car is just what Rover needs. They need to be innovators not imitators. They are certainly looking to the future. Will the new 45 actually look like this though. I know Rover haven't announced that this is the 45's replacement but magazines such as Autocar and Auto Express have assumed that it is.
I liked the side and the rear straight away but the front will still have to grow on me.

I think the car should reach production virtually unchanged as Ford did this with the KA for example and it paid off.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the 45 hatch will look similar, the front may be toned down a little , but Stevens has said that this is the look for future Rovers. I wonder though if it will sit so high.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts