MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
POL Group/MG ZR Owners/MG ZS Owners Club
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right as above, brought some rear pads and got the winding tool, is there a certain way the back calipers wind back in ie nearside anticlock wise offside clockwise or vice versa. need to change rear pads at weekend, cheers or anyone live near stafford that knows what there doing could give me a hand would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
They both wind in clockwise, you just need to make sure the slots in the piston will line up with the pins on the back of the pad.

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers Pete, will sort them out this weekend, thanks again

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Might be worth checking the sliders, on my o/s/r the pads stuck on and killed the disk. All when we were away on holiday, ended up new pads and disks on the rear.

Fitter said he had to hammer the sliders to get them moving!!!

Best of luck for the weekend.

:wave:

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well ill be sorting them out tomorrow hopefully matey, booked the day off work sort out rear brakes, just brought new breather filter and some new door card clips and some carpet clips as a few have been broken in the boot so sort that out too, also will repaint the calipers while im at it too.

·
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha wonder what would make you think that Peter lol i must admit Pride of Longbridge is one of my favorite events of the year and ive been the past 4 years and it gets bigger and better every year and its great fun

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
haha wonder what would make you think that Peter lol i must admit Pride of Longbridge is one of my favorite events of the year and ive been the past 4 years and it gets bigger and better every year and its great fun
2nd that, one of the best.

:wave:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Dont need any special tools to wind in the piston. Just make sure that with each little turn that you help the rubber dust cover back around in the opposite direction or you may well tear it. I used the thin handle of the tool used to tighten up the discs on a disc cutter. Simple.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts