MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Eeeeeoooowwwww!
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed in this weeks Motorsport News that this years rally will be based in the Tarragona region. The rally remains on tarmac,having being rumoured to be going back to gravel after many years.

The plan is to run the rally this way for 2 more years using the wider roads,last run 2 years ago.

Personally ,I loved these stages high in the mountains,my favourite stage being Pratdips.....what a great village. The bar overlooking the stage with 1/2 litre of local beer for 80 cents being the highlight for me :beerchug

Might be going to this one !!! Date is October 28-30th.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Sir Spanners would be nice to meet you then if you're around....Pratdip...oh yes...I've driven around those roads myself...

the bar itself is unknown to me....well should be normal as I hate beer :D ...got drunk once in Ireland ( my first time drinking ) and have never been able to get over it :roll:

Anyway if you are to finally visit us let me know as I could drive down to Tarragona and meet for a "beer" and some rally action.

Alex :beerchug

·
Eeeeeoooowwwww!
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alex,

that would be a great idea,I will let you know my plans nearer the time of the rally.

The bar is on the main street though the town centre, you climb a lot of steps to get it,and it has a balcony overlooking about 4 Km of the stage as the cars enter the town and then climb out over the hills. Me and my friends had a memorable day here,we saw the cars 2 times on the day.....great place :roll:

I can buy you a Coke if you dont like beer ;) , Ireland is not a good place to learn how to drink :angst ......too many bars there,its hard not to get drunk :crazy:

·
Eeeeeoooowwwww!
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jerry,its on between 28th and 30th of October. Based for the first time in Tarragona......flights to Reus will get you within 20 miles of the stages I reckon. Or easyJet to Barca for not a lot of dosh!!

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Are we then planning an XPF massive attendance ? :D

·
Eeeeeoooowwwww!
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And I thought it would be a cheap round Alex !! :frust
thanks for the warning Bev ;)

Would be great to see a few peeps over there,its a great event !

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
We should try and get some more people to come over on cheap flights and have a nice rallying weekend down in Tarragona....Why don't you post something in the right sub-forum ?...you'll probably have more success than me :lol: ...at least you're english so more credibility :D

·
Eeeeeoooowwwww!
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now is a good time to travel with so many cheap flights available,and its a good idea. I will post in the WRC section and see if we can get the Rally fans over. Staying in Tarragona excites me ,it will be very different to Lloret (Platya de Fenals). If booked early enough,a return flight will cost roughly £80 return (100-110 euros).

Alex, your english is much better than my Spannish !!!....you should be proud !!

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
My flight to UK for the LEDA trackday has cost me 51 eur.....two way ticket... :blush ...cheaper than going out for dinner to some restaurants.

And thanks for your kind words....my english...well I think it's not too bad but a bit short of vocabulary....but we can improve that ;)

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Mr. Zedman are you in then ? :D we should have some fun there !!!

Alex :MG: :MG: :MG:

·
Eeeeeoooowwwww!
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bev,me Oirish is not so bad,to be sure! You will love the event,WRC's on tarmac is something not to be missed, the speeds are frightening . If you can get there on a works jolly....even better!

Alex, I have started a thread in the WRC forum, hope to get peoples attention! I really hope they visit Pratdip again !!

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Oh, it won't be a works jolly !! I wish !!

But I need to prepare you - Alex's English is fantastic............but its with an Irish twang - which I can't help but giggle at !!

We've just had a report back from the Cyprus Rally - another tarmac one, so if I can get to this one, I will :beerchug

·
Support your country, buy an MGR!
2,401 Posts
I do believe it's during the half term. I shall have a chat with my lovely wife - I'm sure we'll need another holiday to Spain by then!!!! :crackup

·
Eeeeeoooowwwww!
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Rally will be based at Salou, at the Port Aventura Theme Park,ideal for all the family i'd say ;) Just been on Ryanairs website,and a return flight to Reus nearby comes in at £50 return if booked today !!!

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Jerry I think you'll definitely need another spanish hol by then :lol: ...what an excuse m8....wife will end up either killig you or asking you to come and live in Spain :crackup

Could a nice break for everyone before end of year....well thought Roy ;) !!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts