MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an MGTF 160 on test for 24 hours on behalf of carenthusiast.com. The car has been kindly loaned from MGR. I'm the real MG enthusiast on the CE team and I only get the car for 24 hours :-(

First driving impressions?
YES I LIKE it!!
But will I prefer the rag top to my tintop MGZS180,
I'll keep you informed!

Kelvin

G

·
Kelvin

I await your findings with interest. :D

My guess is you will like the ZS180 in preference to the TF. My main question would be one of handling and performance, not looks or image (the TF or MGF).

I too have the use of a ZS180 soon. However, my back to back would be against our "Trophy". After passengering in Kev Neals quick ZS, I think I know my preference! :D

Keep us posted!

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Early impression is that the TF is a FUN car to drive,
need to do some country lane miles later today.

Kelv

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'd probably go for the 180 out of the two, just prefer to have a bit more 'presence' around me. Plus I reckon there's be more scope to get more ooomph out of the 2.5 V6 :D

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The MGTF has now gone back.
When I first drove a ZS180 I said that I just had to have one of these cars! While the the MGTF was certainly fun to drive, it not leave me that 'must have' feeling! Having said that I really did enjoy the 'top down' experience. er' indoors was not impressed! Not so much with car itself, I dont think she would enjoy any 2 seater 'rag top', she prefers a saloon with lots of storage space for the shopping and room to stretch her legs!!! :D

There will be a full road test and pictures soon, published on the web, I will let U know when it goes online.

Kelvin

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
It all depends on what you're after. The practicalities of a sports/saloon (or coupe) will always beat a 2-up sports convertible, but for me those practicalities aren't an issue as I already have a rep-mobile which I use for work. :D

When the sun in blazing, the roof is down, the after-market induction kit is roaring, it's simply unbeatable. One thing you may not have tried is going topless when it's snowing. You *have* to do this. It's magical. :cool:

The placement and the size of the engine in the saloon/coupe is much more suitable to tuning. Anything over 200BHP in the MGF/TF will IMO be severly stretching the design of the car (it'll also cost a fortune ...), but IMO 200BHP would be about right for the MGF/TF. Enough to get you into trouble, but not massively too much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts