MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 120's just covered 1000 miles so i thought it was about time i gave it some! had a race with a mates clio172. kicked my ass but not by the amount i expected, it was raining aswell so we both struggled to get traction. also on the way home had a go with another mates r19 16v. i thought he was keepin up dead easy but it wasnt till i let him infront that i relised there was nothin in it! 138bhp vs 117bhp. how can this be!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Although the owners book seems to regard 1000 miles as being 'run in', the K series engines are known to get better as they are used more.
At just over 5000 miles my ZS 120 is certainly much better than it was at 1000 miles. Now that you can start to use the revs your engine will start to loosen up and the cars performance will get better.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i can expect it to get quicker? exellent! the 160s must go like s~~t off a stick!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no it wasnt was it. um a seat owner arnt ya. dont worrie as soon as one gets in my way ill see if it can catch me up!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Just you wait till the K has bedded in properly, and then see them off. After all, how many R****t engines are fitted to caterham's and Elises?? Not many I fear!
He may have had a ton in 3rd....Hell, i wouldn't have liked to be in it with all the Seat rattles.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: Having a laugh

Max said:
I guess your out numbered spot n racing :D :D :D :D :D
Really, now that does suprise me!:rolleyes:

Come on guys just take a piece of humble pie and realise that a 115 Bhp (not 120, as badged) will not stand a chance against a, what we are lead to belive is a 156 bhp Ibiza ;) :D Unless its a Elise or likewise that weights next to nothing:D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Oh, and as for "I wouldn't have liked to be in it with all the Seat rattles" I dont think so! May be before VAG owned then, but not now!

Your more likely to get them from your 25GTI, whoops sorry, MG 25, no thats not right, MG ZR, from what the motoring press have said:D

He He He

·
Registered
286 Posts
Truth hurts ha:p

No, Im staying:D

Im not tryin to make trouble, just tryin to make you realise its not that hot a car (25,sorry MG ZT). It an OK car but thats about it:(

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Matey, I don't drive an MG so you will never have the ability to insult me. I just think you are extremely narrow minded. I nearly bought one of those things that you drive - didn't in the end 'coz I couldn't live with the name!

Joke - Q. What do you call a group of SEATS?
A. Garden Furniture.

Jim

·
Registered
89 Posts
S&R, is it the fact that you were taunted as a kid that make you come onto forums and try to convince ppl that your MK3 golf sorry SEAT, is better than any other car on the road? or was it the fact that you though you could race a 160 and beat it, only to be brought back to earth with a BANG, when you seen it dissapear into the distance . . . .

Oh then again, i forgot, you race a SLK Kommpressor and won . . .

YEAH RIGHT

One of my friend's X's has a cupra, and it's not all that. do US all a favour, and find another forum to go and type your banter on.

Point made.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.