MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My business partner took his VW Bora 130 in for a service at Dixons of Lincoln on Tritton Road. No courtesy car, no transport to run him back to the empire. Now that is bad service of the first order. We even bought the car through the same dealership as well. Wright's lend me a car. So VW aren't all that the're cracked up to be.

Anyway on the way back in, was at a set of traffic lights sitting next to a Merc Coupe (The Womany looking thing, looks like an Astra Coupe thingy). A bull headed guy was driving his wifes car obviously. I could seee him glancing over his shoulder looking at the Viking Longship. So had the car ticking over at 1000rpm, being discreet, dropped the clutch and we're off. Selected 2nd and the torque did the rest. Next thing he's a speck in the rear view mirror.

Kevin thought the "BUS" as he calls it, "the old girl has fair lick of speed".

Never underestimate a saloon car is my motto. 9 times out of 10 it will woop a boy racer's car any day of the week or a womans car ie Astra Coupe, Merc Coupe etc.

Jim

·
Longbridge !
3,306 Posts
I don't like Merc's, no individuality they all look the same.

Where as the 75 certainly looks far more upper class and stately.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not diesel.

The car had a badge on its side saying V8 then underneath was 5.0 ltr and the inscription in italics "zupercharged". Also when I viewed the car in my rear view mirror it was very hard to read but I'm sure it said "Mercedes test car".

Very confused I must admit. Did this mean that it would topple over like its sister the A class or worse still "flip" without any warning. Test car beware!

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts