MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a R45 a few months ago and decided to install a radar detector in it.

I didn't like the idea of having a cable running down the dash and into the ciggy lighter so I routed the cable down the central air vent in the middle of the dash.

From there it went to the back of the radio and was switched with the ignition. The radar detector sat just in front of this vent, so hey presto - No visible wiring.

It doesn't foul the air vent mechanism either!

Anyone wants more info I will post.

Matt.

G

·
Matt thanks for the info on the other posts. :D

I've a Jammer - but it is a little large and it needs an open view of the road. It's also the sort of thing if caught with - I dare not imagine the consequences!

Only one question would it work fitted behind a number plate housing, or would the radar waves not be received?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jerry,

Not sure actually. I will look into it.

I thought that you could have them behind the bumper so the law won't know it is there unless they strip the car.

Matt.

G

·
I'm going to have a go at fitting this Gizmo this week (jammer). Also have a spare Bel 980 Detector - will place it in the ads section later!
Will have pictures of the install!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
I must invest in one of these items. Got caught the other day doing 40 in a 30 zone. The Highways/Police changed the signs with no warning. First points in over 21 years and I'm now a convict.

The amazing thing about the paperwork is that you are guilty. You have no mitigating circumstances to fall back on. What is happening to the law. No wonder respect for the "pigs" is dwindling alarming in a rapid downward spiral.

Jim

·
Registered
237 Posts
Depends what sort of Radar jammer you have, as to whether you can put it behind the number plate.

A little more info and I might be able to help.

Stu

·
Registered
35 Posts
The police use laser and the GATSO use microwave. Microwave will work ok behind plastic but no metal as it will be reflected. The laser ones are pretty hard to beat as you can only send short bursts of infra red light. The laser is far more powerful so I dont think I would risk using one. Obviously laser jammers cannot be hidden as infra-red light needs to be able to pass through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts