MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had trouble with their heater dial?

Mine was up on high this morning and due to it being such a warm, sunny day I went to turn it down to low and heard something snap.

Now the dial just spins around and it's blowing out hot air constantly :mad:

I've phoned the dealer and they are going to be looking at it on April 6th.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the aluminium heater controls that Mike Satur has for the MGF can be fitted to the ZR.
Haven't looked into it but may be an alternative.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John,
Mine is a R25, but I expect it would be the same story as the ZR?

I'm going to have a look at the dial later and see if I can tweak it to blow out cold air rather than hot. It's a bit of a pain!

At least until they look at it, tell me it needs a part and that it'll take 2 months before they can get the part of course.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
heater dial

Hi,

I´ve had some problems with the air distr. dial on my 25. It doesn´t alter the air distr. quite according to the icons any more (think youngest daughter hit it). Still a great little car.

Olof

G

·
I have had trouble with my heater dial since the day I collected my new ZR!

I collected my ZR on 24th Nov last year and discovered whilst out and about cruising round town in the evening, very cold evening it was too, that my heater dial did not turn to enable me to choose the direction of the heat.

I promptly went back to the dealer the next week and my car was booked in the following week to be fixed, or so i thought, ha ha ha!

When I collected my car I was told that they could not fix my heater cause they didn't have the correct part in stock so they had ordered the part and would contact me when it arrived.

Well 4 months, several phone calls and a few visits back to the service dept later & I still do not have a heater dial that works properly so I guess you could say that 'Yes I have had problems with my heater dial!'

slk_1976uk

·
Registered
567 Posts
Try this website you r logged into.

www.moto-build.com

Click the Rover tab.

Under the new 25/200 details. Scroll through the different pages until u reach the parts bit. Alloy switches and heater knobs are there.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
You'd have thought so wouldn't you? But I actually said that in my email. But the reply was "don't do em"!

I think prob is ZR still new model and many manufacturers waiting to see what take up is and whether people want to mod em. Now that Max Power featured ZR and spoke decently of it certain companies might start jumping on the wagon and getting parts sorted.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Are they not universal? The one's that fit the ZR shape 200 should fit, though i'm not absolutly sure. Moto-build stock them.

Also try you local Halfords as my local branch can get them to Order for any car you require. Have a go. They are fairly cheap too.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Why just changed the knobs, you've already got white dials -

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts