MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
heres one of my old ones, clutch was slipping in 2nd but still never beaten by a nasp zs to this day ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VceJEDgC69Q

i went a couple of tenths quicker on a later visit with a small shot of nos, then came to the crossroads of ....1/4mile or track and 1/4 mile lost, lol.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
heres one of my old ones, clutch was slipping in 2nd but still never beaten by a nasp zs to this day ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VceJEDgC69Q

i went a couple of tenths quicker on a later visit with a small shot of nos, then came to the crossroads of ....1/4mile or track and 1/4 mile lost, lol.
Dont think i have seen that vid before Dave, thats a good one!
So basically nasp your ZS was a 14sec car.......interesting!
I thought mine will do a 14sec run as its basically the same spec as yours was then. Except mine has the lightweight flywheel+wheels extra. Will be interesting to see what differance those mods make.
Did you have the r888s on then as well?

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Ross did a 14.3 on road tyres and a partially stripped car.

I did 14.9 in the same car as std with full interior in it.

Obviously the charged car did a 13.5

Regy certainly didnt disappoint.

G

·
12,325 Posts
Dont think i have seen that vid before Dave, thats a good one!
So basically nasp your ZS was a 14sec car.......interesting!
I thought mine will do a 14sec run as its basically the same spec as yours was then. Except mine has the lightweight flywheel+wheels extra. Will be interesting to see what differance those mods make.
Did you have the r888s on then as well?
yes i would think you could get a 14 on the right day with plenty of runs to get in the rythmn, flywheel and your lightweight wheels will deffinitely help and are mods i didnt have.
14.0 is pretty quick, i dont think there are any factory spec front drivers can beat that by much....having said that they are all lugging around nice lush interiors and not havig their teeth rattled out like us, lmao.

Kev did an incredible 14.5 in his saloon, which on the day in question was at full weight as an experiment, as there had been some discussion about how much time weight saving gives.

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
yes i would think you could get a 14 on the right day with plenty of runs to get in the rythmn, flywheel and your lightweight wheels will deffinitely help and are mods i didnt have.
14.0 is pretty quick, i dont think there are any factory spec front drivers can beat that by much....having said that they are all lugging around nice lush interiors and not havig their teeth rattled out like us, lmao.

Kev did an incredible 14.5 in his saloon, which on the day in question was at full weight as an experiment, as there had been some discussion about how much time weight saving gives.
Pretty quick, but his car did have some small mods done, like tyres,cams etc.

I do believe Ed was there that day too when he bagged a 14.7.

Ive managed a 13.7 with my electrically adjustable heated seats, electric roof, climate control, 6 disc, sat nav tv,carpets,freezer,drink holders, map reading lights, electric windows still on board. So its nice to have lush !

G

·
12,325 Posts
How about posting links of videos of quarter miles?

I'll be first - TF Turbo quarter mile as measured by G-Tech equipment

http://www.youtube.com/user/MGTFvids?gl=GB&hl=en-GB

14.61 sec with Terminal speed of 157 km/h
do you know debs tf 160 who runs nitrous?
i remember she ran 14.0 - 14.1 at santa pod with a 50 shot and breathing mods.
I dont think there has been any properly fast modern tf's or zeds with o.e engines, the sc zs did a 13.5 which is good but it was very stripped to achieve that time and on the day it was still only a match for a full weight m3 cabriolet so quick yes, but hardly blistering.
Maybe Ed and Perry could post a vid or 2 as theyre the quickest ones on this forum by a country mile.

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Why dont ya drag the VAG? ( oh that rhymes)

We could have a sweep stake on the times.

Liven the ole forum up a bit eh...

We could always have a drag race Dave, similar to the one Ross and I had.

Vag zs Vs M5

What ya reckon Dave do some maths, should be close.

G

·
12,325 Posts
Pretty quick, but his car did have some small mods done, like tyres,cams etc.

I do believe Ed was there that day too when he bagged a 14.7.

Ive managed a 13.7 with my electrically adjustable heated seats, electric roof, climate control, 6 disc, sat nav tv,carpets,freezer,drink holders, map reading lights, electric windows still on board. So its nice to have lush !

G
no, that was before kev had drag tyres and cams fitted as well george, it was a different time altogether, Ed wasnt there.
I remember kev had come ina hurry and he still had the baby seat fitted in the rear which he didnt take out.
If he was running them mods it wouldnt have been a special time, as it was its probably the best zs time bar none.

·
12,325 Posts
Why dont ya drag the VAG? ( oh that rhymes)

We could have a sweep stake on the times.

Liven the ole forum up a bit eh...

We could always have a drag race Dave, similar to the one Ross and I had.

Vag zs Vs M5

What ya reckon Dave do some maths, should be close.

G
m5 would win in a straight line drag no question but seeing as your flogging it to go vauxhall i guess the question is irrelevant, lmao.

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Well I remember running against Kev, before you even joined the forum. And the best he did with his home brew induction and stripped out was 14.7. Ive still got the slips, as i ran against him.

regy std did a 14.9, so for kev to get a 14.5, he must of had a breeze behind him.

I repeated the 14.9 4 times on the same day, and there were a few off here that witnessed it.

Anyway, that was moons ago.

Kev still did well as he did manage a 13.9 if i remember rightly.So his was the quickest nasp zs !

G

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Are you saying you wouldnt try? It hasnt gone yet ! So its available to run !

since you have nearly 300bhp/ton, the m5 weighs nearly 2ton so it only has 270/ton.

So you should win !

·
12,325 Posts
i remember you racing kev actually and yes the time you quote is correct but that was in the early days, time and technique make you faster.I also remember you were running with a 75 shot of nos in your zs and he beat you with 70 bhp less,lol.

the day your referring to when ed was there kev was running lightly stripped(only spare seats and spare wheel etc removed and a race seat fitted)and he did either 14.2 or 14.3 which was a few tenths faster than either ed or i could manage...you remember Ed?
i know i did a 14.6 with the same mods as kev and as i say he was a few tenths quicker.

·
12,325 Posts
Are you saying you wouldnt try? It hasnt gone yet ! So its available to run !

since you have nearly 300bhp/ton, the m5 weighs nearly 2ton so it only has 270/ton.

So you should win !
rear drive and launch control would seal my fate before i made it to the 60ft marker ,lol.
You know my cars made for laps not standing starts.

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
i remember you racing kev actually and yes the time you quote is correct but that was in the early days, time and technique make you faster.I also remember you were running with a 75 shot of nos in your zs and he beat you with 70 bhp less,lol.

the day your referring to when ed was there kev was running lightly stripped(only spare seats and spare wheel etc removed and a race seat fitted)and he did either 14.2 or 14.3 which was a few tenths faster than either ed or i could manage...you remember Ed?
i know i did a 14.6 with the same mods as kev and as i say he was a few tenths quicker.
I do remember Ed, and I do remember that Aj wasnt running 75shot of nos !

Bu03 was the car that ran a 75 shot of nos !

I do remember Kev getting a better start than me, as you say time and technique and all that ! I hadnt run a zs before at pod and didnt even get a std time for the car back then.

I wasnt bothered how quick it went over the quarter in 2002, i was interested in the power figure, as this was what was making people tune cars in that era.

Was fun all the same, and hats of to Kev.

I wonder where he is nowadays? being as his zed was one fo the first, and had done quite a bit of mileage, I wonder if he sold it or kept it or scrapped it?

Have you spoke to him lately?

G

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
This was from last year. My Son had been stuck with a string of 11.2's so I did a few tweaks to the car to compensate for his driving style. He's used to driving front wheel drive cars and has a bad habit of feathering the pedal off the line. This was his first 10 in the car againt my mate Sean in the Mustang.
He was like a dog with 2 tails when he relaised he'd shaved 0.6 off his previous pb.
With this new setup she ran nine 10.6's back to back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRtUSeiFUKI

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
One of my runs from last year, I'm running in the far lane.
The car I'm racing is a very well prepared CRX (NASP) with weight saving that makes Dave's look positively stock, fuel cell and light weight everything.
I looked back at the data logs and I nailed a 0 to 60 in 3.7 seconds and 0 to 118 in 12.3 seconds.

330bhp @ 7psI (low boost)
It equates to a 2.2 60 foot from a 2nd gear launch at 8000rpm.
12.3 at 118 mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G36fWKBpDjg

YT comments
Honda CRX turbo 12.37 in full street trim Santa Pod 5/4/2009 Still daily driven, not stripped at all, road legal tyres, all glass, all interior, soundeadening and electrics intact

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Great clip Ed!
That was a smooth pass alright. It was also nice to hear Marks voice in the background :)
The nasp car ran out of puff withing 10 feet.

CU Soon!

Pel

1 - 18 of 18 Posts