MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how well do we think MG Lola will fair at Le Mans this year?

My prediction is winning the LMP675 Category and reliability permiting a Podium for outright success i.e third and above overall.

What's yours? No sitting on fences guys.

Jim

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
I think...

My prediction is...

a) One car to finish in the Top 5, also winning the '675' Class!

b) The other car to lead the race at some point and also record the Fastest Lap Overall! This car will retire in the early Sunday hours (probably due to one of the crew grinning too much, and he therefore had to get rushed into the Le Mans Medical Centre!).

c) The Knighthawk entry will finish 2nd in '675' Class!

What's yours? No sitting on fences guys (to quote Jim!).

David

G

·
Class Winners

I think Dave isn't far of the mark, to be honest.

The trouble with Le Mans if its dry and if the pace car is not used - the stresses on the cars could be sky high. As they haven't had the testing of the Audis or Bentleys, the pressure's on. :yakyakyak

My hope is: LMP675 1st and 2nd. 3rd overall. Also as extreme mentions, an EX675 will lead the race at some time.

But we could be hurt, by the fact that our expectations are so high following all the hype. Remember, we saw Blundell at Silverstone where only ONE lap was completed.

Obvious statement but "24 hours is a long time".

Just hope to have a few:beerchug at some time with Kev, Jim and NuttyNursesHusband. :D

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
????????

Jerry Flint said:
"25 hours is a long time".
What? I thought it was only 24 hours?

Jerry, I think it is going to be hard enough to last the 24 hours, without adding to it!

David

PS - Agree, let's not get drawn in by the hype.

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
:confused: That was a crafty bit of editting Jerry!

My prediction of what Jerry, Jim, Kev & Nuttynurseshusband will look like in the early hours - :blah

And my prediction of what I will look like because I am not going -:cry:

David

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cold light of day.

I can't see why MG can't pull off a good result. I firmly feel that the strongest oposition will come from Audi and Bentley. That makes a total of 5 cars, i.e 4 x Audi's and 1 x Bentley.

The Domes are very fast and so is the Ascari, but all to often the Judd mechanicals have let them down. Look how fast the Olive Garden Lola was acouple of years ago, went like the clappers but the Judd kept going "pop".

I don't think the Oreca "Playstation" Dallara's will feature, perhaps pick up places 4th to 6th, but that's about it. The Caddy's won't set the world alight either although they do tend to ignite quite frequently aka 2000.

So, I think the MG-Lola is a good candidate for a podium. I'm sure it will make up places with fuel efficiency over the Audi's. The team is strong, Chamberlain have been going to Le Mans since the mid 80's and have a lot of experience. They can do it. Look at the drivers alone, what a wealth of experience. Trouble is: which car will be the HARE?

Don't forget Pescorlo's Courages either.

Wonder what Mr Oldaker thinks?

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts