MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen the "trailer" for the ROVER Story on PP next Tuesday at 2250. Be interesting to see which they report - factual & positive. Or unions - Red Robbo - ***................. :(

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hmm. Pulling Power have been running a few repeats on their "The Story of . . . . "series. In the current times at MGR, I think it would be inappropriate for PP to run anything which referred to the B*W era as "current", as it has no bearing whatsoever on what is happening at the moment.

I wait with bated breath!

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
hope its a bit more favourable than MG

Last time when they did the MG, that stupid blonde woman whos name I choose to forget, slated the ZS, saying something like its the eldest car in the group, based on the ageing Rover 45, and it definately feels like it. What a load of Horses**t.
We all know how good a job MGR has made of the ZS and if thats the best Pulling power can come up with, they can stick it.

I just hope they can say something better about the Rovers.

Although in fairness she did like the ZT/ZT-T.:rolleyes:

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
No repeat tonight. Wow - wow.

Top report and the stretched 75 looked FAB.

Makes you feel good we are part of the renaissance of THE British manufacturer!

·
Which one shall I drive today?
6,507 Posts
Where did they find that bloke who said "you done wanna be sayin tha to a rorver man"? lol

No mention of the new MG's either, was this programme made before thier introduction?

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Rover comes out smelling of Roses

Well' Ithought the report by Pulling Power came off very well. Just a brief insight into the company and heritage such as the Rover Bike, Jet Engine and the cars through the years. Plus the Le Mans project in conjuuction with BRM, which they attended twice. First time was with Grham Hill and Richie Ginther in 63 I think.

SD1 wasn't too bad along with rave reviews of the R75. Mike Rutherford stating that the Prime Minister if he was proud to be English should replace his Jaguar with an English owned car - R75 Vanden Plas. Jaguar of course being American.

Unions featured with Robinson and his merry men picketing and "one out, all out" syndrome. Must say it did sum up quite nicely regarding the *** sell off best with Tony Woodley the union chap. I hold a lot of respect for this guy he was instrumental as much as Towers in doing the deal with Munich.

Why no MG's? Because it was dedicated to the Rover brand. Perhaps MG might be featured at a later date.

Jim

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Jerry, can't agree more great report.

Tony, they did the MG story a few weeks ago not such a good review IMO.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I assume this isn't on terestrial TV?

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
It was on Carlton (ITV). Seen in the midlands but not in the Yorkshire TV region (cable gives us access to both).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts