MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cleaned the ICV (I think) top and side of throttle body with carb cleaner

Put all back together again and now its sticking on the throttle!! WTF!!

Any ideas why? used a whol can of the stuff and got it all clean and shiny, do I need to re-set the ECU?

If so, how

i.e see peeps say disconnect the battery, both terminals? positive or neg??

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Im guessing you took the valve out to clean them and not sprayed through the tb...?

Try reseting the throttle closed position by turning ign on to 2, pump the pedal 5 times, then start without any throttle after 5 secs.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Im guessing you took the valve out to clean them and not sprayed through the tb...?

Try reseting the throttle closed position by turning ign on to 2, pump the pedal 5 times, then start without any throttle after 5 secs.
Does that reset work on the 180?, I know it does on the mems fitted to earlier Rovers

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give it a go, annoying ain't it
Fook1ing cars!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I said I had a burger king for dinner today would you still ask if I had changed the spark plugs???

I simply explained above all I did was clean the areas outlaid above, nothing was the matter with the car beforehand!

I also asked how to reset the ECU! Could someone please answer this question, cheers

:d

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Raptor, it was working but I broke it :( typical me really

Talkingcars, sorry was meant to be a dry humour comment, clearly didn't work :( sorry

Takking the whole body off tomorrow to proper clean it and the. Take battery off I think!

Is it BOTH terminals or just the positive connection??????

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never had a standard beadunit in it (weird I know) was replaced with a kenwood unit and I ditched it for an alpine :D

Cheers, will give it a go when I drag my but outside!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts