Some of you will have seen the evo bits in the workshop recently, but now it's time for the build. I'll just go through the pics and explain along the way.
The donor car was a front and rear smashed (spun) Evo 9 FQ300 (with only 3000miles on it!!). I only got the running gear, and not all of it, the interior and chassis was returned to the seller. The front brakes were missing and a few of the rear suspension arms were bent and the hub carrier broken.
The floorpan was cut out for all the rear suspension mounts and prop mounting.
Picture taken for reference.
The ECU's removed, and you'll see the full wiring loom attacted to the engine still.
Before anything else can be done, the broken parts that need to be used would require fixing.
The timing belt cover was broken, as well as a chip out of the bottom pulley, so this week i got a new timing belt cover from a dealer.
Ive fitted the bottom cover, but also need to sort out the powersteering pump and an aux belt idler which both have bent pulleys.
The gearbox also had broken where the front mount bolts on, so the gearbox was removed, and welded up, then refit to the engine.
Work also started on the rear hubs, i removed one from the broken carrier to use as a test. the holes were welded up, then the face shall be machined flat again, and the center machined for the wheel center as well as being redrilled.
I also gave some parts to nathan25 as he's going to work his magic with them.
Rocker cover removed.
Next job is to start fixing the rear suspension, get it bolted up into the floorpan and make some fixed bars instead of the springs and dampers so i can get the height and wheel angles set up.
I'll be updating this thread every few days/week with progress as progress happens, but it's also on other forums, so you may want to check these too.