MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So People, There has been loads of work to do on the chassis, some pics below for your entertainment. The engine bay has been cut back at the bulkhead to allow the engine to sit further back, we have changed the oil cooler tray at the front to that of a rubber bumper car to give us enough room for the engine and make life easier to get the engine in and out.

The car has had new sills and floors (all heritage of course) and some extensive seam welding, some of which needs tidying up a bit. We have gone fairly extreme with the seam welding on this car to the extent that the windscreen frame and door frames have been done to add as much strength as possible, we must remember that that this car started out life with a 75bhp engine and tyres barely capable of pulling 0.5G. we are expecting peaks of 1.4-1.5G and 360ish BHP.

Meantime we have sent off the rear axle for alignment and have taken delivery of our LSD and CWP.....pics to follow!

We plan to start the cage this weekend......

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
looking good! have you heard of anyone putting a kv6 into a mgb before? was wondering if it will fit. Do you offer your services out on custom mgbs or just for your selves?

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I'd love to have the space to take an mgb project on. One of the best you can do really with all the parts available still. Takes me back 40yrs or so to my grease monkey days.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
21 - 30 of 30 Posts