So People, There has been loads of work to do on the chassis, some pics below for your entertainment. The engine bay has been cut back at the bulkhead to allow the engine to sit further back, we have changed the oil cooler tray at the front to that of a rubber bumper car to give us enough room for the engine and make life easier to get the engine in and out.
The car has had new sills and floors (all heritage of course) and some extensive seam welding, some of which needs tidying up a bit. We have gone fairly extreme with the seam welding on this car to the extent that the windscreen frame and door frames have been done to add as much strength as possible, we must remember that that this car started out life with a 75bhp engine and tyres barely capable of pulling 0.5G. we are expecting peaks of 1.4-1.5G and 360ish BHP.
Meantime we have sent off the rear axle for alignment and have taken delivery of our LSD and CWP.....pics to follow!
Hi, I do recall someone putting a kv6 in an MGB but it was not someone in this country. I'm certain it would fit though. We do work on customers cars a bit, mainly race MGB's but if there is something you need just PM me!
Mini update, the cage has now been made and installed by us, a few gussets to be added but pretty much done. The car is off to have the rear wings made next week then will be soda blasted and painted next weekend.
It's been a long time without an update, mainly because I have spent every spare minute working on the car.... anyhow.... she is alive and will be hitting the track for a shakedown this Friday so will try and get more pics and a couple of videos for you all.