MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all, I have had nothing but problems since I ordered my new ZS 120+, to keep a long story short. I have had two cars delivered to the dealership which have been very very poor quality paint work, chips, scratches and so on. I am now waiting on delivery of cat number 3. All fingers crossed. I have been driving a 1.4 45 in place of my MG, which is @*%£.

Anyone had any similer problems.

·
Registered
83 Posts
yep loads!

ZS180 now 6 months old and 7,000 miles

1) Sticking acclerator cable (fixed once, broken again!)
2) Dodgy SRS light connection (fixed once, broken again!)
3) Poor action on onestop window function (fixed once, broken again!)
4) Creaking noise from underside of car on acceleration and braking
5) Paint pealing off rim of bonnet near windscreen
6) Poor panel alignment, various attempts to rectify this but rear passanger door still not flush, car scratched by dealer whilst attempting to rectify.

I have now been back to my dealer "Priests of Chesham" more times than I care to remember. Next visit is on Monday, when apparently somone from MG Rover is coming to inspect it.

In my opinion the cars are good, but after sales service is very, very poor.

:mad:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
It may just be your dealer. Our dealer Howards of Weston Super Mare is very good, although that said, the repairs we had done on the ZT after it's accident seemed well done, but going rusty.

It's going back in for a week on Saturday to get repaired again, but they were extremely apologetic and offered to touch in all the stone chips on the front bumper and bonnet too.

So for the next week we have a Nissan Micra, but hopefully it will be fixed once and for all.....

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
ive got.....

2) Dodgy SRS light connection

4) Creaking noise from underside of car on acceleration and braking

the way some people have been treated by dealers is terrible, this creaking seems to be a issue with a lot of ZS's .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Arrived

I have just had a call to say that car number 3 has arrived at the dealer, do you think it would be asking too much to want some sort of Compensation.......?

·
Registered
83 Posts
You should get some compenstation. I recon at least your first service free and some floor mats or something like that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Problem - tell me about it?

I've had two ZS180's in seven months. The first car blew up after 4,000 miles, no reason given. Something to do with the oil consumption. I had to wait 2 months for a replacement car - 2 months?, can you believe it.

When I finally received my second car:

The doors were out of alignment.
Side skirts not attached properly.
The rear bumper was not attached on the left hand side.
Front splitter was missing - had to wait a month for a new one.
New front splitter - paint is falling off - re-sprayed it myself?
It has drunk 7 litres of oil in seven months.

My car has to go in again for oil troubles again.

This car has been in and out of the dealership since new, a record 11 times to be exact. When it works it is great? what a piece of sh*t really, I expected more for 16,300 pounds. I should have bought a ***

A very angry

Clay

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What have I done?

I hope that I have done the right thing in going for the ZS 120+.

Last night went OK, the replacement car is in 1st class condition. I have not done any miles in the MG, so can not compare with anything else.

Will see what happens in the next few 1000 or so miles.

Keep all the issues coming, I will make a database up over the next 6 months.

John

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Replacement car?

The replacement car (no 3) is in mint condition.

After asking what the dealership was going to through in for my inconvenience suffered, I was told to think myself lucky that they ordered myself a new car, the first car was so dadly chipped it needed a full respray!

Now the customer whatever manager is saying that I have a " Very high expectation of what a new car should be"

I thought this very funny coming from a dealership that sells new cars all the time.

I asked him does this only apply to MG-Rovers or every manufacturer??

No reply.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think that must be the dealership (I would report them to MGR)
I can say nothing but good words about Jones of Rayne the dealership that sold me my Z i have had a couple of very minor problems but they were imediately sorted by the dealer who loaned me a 75 whilst they did the work.
They like I expect a new car to be imaculate when it arives at the customer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reported

I have been i touch with MG-Rover and informed them of what the dealer said to me, they could not beleive that the manager said this. now they are going to take it further I hope, if I have a problems with the car I will be going to another dealer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have had similer responses from my dealer. Phrases such as " its not a hand built car, so you can't expect it to be perfect" have crossed their lips with regard to badly fitted panels. I too have complained to MG-R, but sadly in my experiance I have been unsuccesful to date in getting the results I want. Good luck! There is a long thread about my epic saga on another well know MG Rover site under the title panel alignment & heater problems

·
Registered
84 Posts
Loose Bumper???

Hi,

I noticed that the bottom of the rear bumper on the drivers side next to the rear tyre was loose. If you push it lightly it moves and appears to be flimsy. The nearside seems alot more sturdy. When I asked at SMC they said that there was no obvious reason for it and refered me to their body shop at slough.

I had a look around at the other ZS MG's on the forecourt. They all ( 4 ) seem to have the same problem!.

Anyone else noticed this?

Cheers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Karl
Yep this is a "feature" apparently. Something to do with the exhaust bracket I believe, and there not being enough chassis to fix exhaust and bumper. At least thats what my dealer said.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yep, this is common on the saloons aparantly agravated because of the cutout for the exhust. The bumper on the hatch is shorter so you don't see the flex so much. I don't think it's going to fall off so you probably don't need to worry.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: loose bumper

So it looks like this bumper issue is a design fault?... they could have at least put a stabiliser bracket on between the bumper and body work..

I dont want to tempt fate but other than the bumper all is well so far at 1500 miles...

Cheers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
At Last?

Picked up the ZS today, in mint condition. Now to do some miles and see what's what. With 9 miles on the clock I've got a long way to go to run everything in.

Will post any problems that I come across.

Hope not?

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
There would seem to be a common fault after reading through the threads.

a. Creaking from underneath

b. Faulty SRS light.

Perhaps MGR are aware of this? Talk to your dealers.

My R75 suffered with faulty shocks. All 4 replaced at different times(!) but they were aware that this was a common fault. The car was never re-called. Just me moaning and the dealer recognised that this was common and that MGR were quite aware.

GET MOANING LADS AND LASES.

Jim

G

·
Creaking

Creaking, are these floor boards??? No what is the problemo then boyz. I've just signed on the board and was seriously thinking about buying my lovely wife a "Trophy Yellow" 5-door (practical).

But don't want to buy something with problems. :(

1 - 20 of 37 Posts