MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the De-Cat pipe fitted to my ZR 160, along with the Induction kit BHP is up to 174.2 Bhp !! Helathy gain indeed. I am however still looking for individuality and thought about a new mod.

Having seen afew ZR's around lately in various colours the Trophy Blue (as mine is) has given me a hint of Impreza. So how about Gold mesh at the front of the bumper. The kidney's in the grill and the mesh at the bottom would need to be the same coloured gold aswell. I am a little torn between altering this but I believe the impact once done would be great.... Any thoughts ??

G

·
Lord Nikon

Can you provide us with more details of parts and costs? Maybe fitting costs and rolling road figures etc?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Results

I will scan the results from the rolling road in once I have got my scanner working, got slightly trod on while i was decorating my office !!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about previous post !!!

Parts are listed below...

1 x RActive heat shielded induction kit, 3" intake hose to lower left of bumper
1 x Silicone hose, from Calibra turbo SAMCO kit, details on request.

Above cost £150, fitted myself, 15 mins job !

1 x Powerflow/Scorpion hybrid De-Cat pipe. They took 216 Vi decat dimensions from scorpion, available from moto-build racing. This was then matched to the correct bore for the slightly larger MG spec exhaust. This is a straight through system and the whole exhaust no longer has a CAT of any description.

Viper motorsport in Southampton rolling roaded it at 174.2 Bhp and torque up from 128 lb/ft upto 139 lb/ft at 6400 rpm.

Cost for De-Cat £210 fitted at local powerflow dealer, takes about 2-3 hours, although i left it all day.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I wouldnt have thought gold to start with, unless you go for big'ol 18" 5 spokes (lots of money).

How does that sound?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
!8's would be nice, a little too much at the mo though ! I was just going to respray the mesh at the front of the ZR to start with to a gold colour. Thought this would look different and against the blue, wuite subaru - ish aswell ??

PS - Where abouts in HANTS are you and what model have you got ??

·
Registered
89 Posts
i'm just outside basingstoke (Bramley), we have a 105= with sideskirts & fogs and the 160 exhaust trim (though i've still to fit it!!)

What about you? I regularly go to Guilford and South cruises.

If you want to know when the next one is, look at my forum on yahoo MGZCLUBUK.

Also, i have heard the zed cars use *** ECU's, aparently, if you get a chip from a 216 or a 220 coupe, you can add up to 30bhp (i've just wet myself!)

Where did you get the powerflo exhaust done (southampton?)

My friend had his saxo twin scorpion exhaust built there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts