MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Got a bit of a problem. Was driving today from work when I went to overtake, power was normal till I hit 4,000 revs and the power sloped off. The engine sounded like it was at max revs but obviously it was'nt. And now it does this in every gear at about the same revs. Has anyone had this problem or have an idea what this might be thanks for your help. Dan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about that but it jerks a bit aswel, thought it could be fuel? Had a look at other power problems ppl had and vis motor came up a few time's. Could it be that?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
It could possibly be vis related, but people have had vis issues with no really noticeable problems.

edit I dont know if anyone local to you has a Scangauge which they could plug in to check for fault codes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could possibly be vis related, but people have had vis issues with no really noticeable problems.

edit I dont know if anyone local to you has a Scangauge which they could plug in to check for fault codes.
Yeah that's my next plan off action to see if anything comes up. The disappointing thing is it's just about to hit 40,000 miles was not expecting problems at this stage. Think I will take it in for a check tomorrow I'll let you know how things go.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I have a code scanner in Devizes/Swindon if you need and can get up here. I'll drop you a PM if I find myself down Sailisbury way in the near future.

EDIT: 10 days ago.... I take it you found a scanner? How is the car now?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts