MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Biomorphic and the sun,perfection
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On me way to work today,just moved to the inside lane at aprox 50mph,one hell of a bang,loads of metalic noises and stinking rubber...............

Looks a write off to me,now looking for a replacement and some clean underpants................:sofa:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Blimey not good, I presume the bottom balljoint gave up on you, has it damaged any of the other suspension components ?

Are you going to attempt a fix ?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
insurance might write if off, but it will probs need two new wishbones on that side, maybe a hub, and a panel beater to reshape the wing, cost to you abot 50 quids worth of bits out the scrappys

·
Biomorphic and the sun,perfection
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
insurance might write if off, but it will probs need two new wishbones on that side, maybe a hub, and a panel beater to reshape the wing, cost to you abot 50 quids worth of bits out the scrappys
Not sure I can be bothered to be honest Rich,still thinking about what could have been had I been doing 70 in the outside lane of the M1,as I was about 30 mins prior to the ball joint letting go.....:agh:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
must have had play in it surely prior to going, shame to let it go to scrap when its an easy fix like that, actually looking at the pic it looks just like the lower arm thats been damaged, could easily lift the front suspension off a zs or summit n plonk it on

however i know you may have now lost youre faith in the car, but sure it would be a nice car for someone, id buy it if i was near

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Lucky there mate! Bet its taken all day to get undercrackers off :lol:
Could almost happen to anyone at any time, will insurance cover it? Its kind of more a breakdown than accident.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Think I would do both sides!!! As you say lucky it wasnt in the outside lane at 70.

Hope its not a common fault.

:wave:

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Glad you are ok Rob.:)

·
Registered
951 Posts
Glad you are ok Rob.:)
I'm sure we were all thinking that as we've been reading - but your the first to write it down :) Well done Paul.

I tend to agree with some of the comments made - not an insurance job . . . . although if you drove over a pothole or kerb or object on the road, then I suppose it does become an accident.

What's the value of the car, do you have a protected no claims policy and what's the excess on the policy? These are the main considerations - other than the huge loss of confidence in the old girl. Having said that - any replacement of about the same value is going to be in the same sort of mechanical condition with a similar potential for problems.

·
POL Group/MG ZR Owners/MG ZS Owners Club
1,278 Posts
bloody hell Rob, cars can be fixed matey, as long as your ok matey, thats all that matters

1 - 14 of 14 Posts