MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

Poor "AC" on the V8 powered cars!

7K views 103 replies 23 participants last post by  Jerry 
G
#1 ·
Poor AC on the V8 powered cars!

I’ve had this car just over a month and its been looked at 3 times for its AC. The problem is that there is nothing wrong with the AC according to MG.

WRONG there is, it just doesn’t work effectively. Consequently the design must be wanting in some way - see bottom of post!

Last night for example we drove 6 miles and the screens barely cleared with HI selected on the AC interface. This isn’t right, plus the noise at this level is unbearable. Or is my expectations after the previous cars fitted with AC too high?

To be very frank – I’m disappointed and this niggle is starting to annoy.

I have to say I always drive with the AC on and this is spoiling the enjoyment of the 260.

AC info, A new HEVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air conditioning) unit is fitted to the ZT 260. The new unit is a water-blend design featuring a dedicated electronic control unit to drive servo-motor valves to regulate the water flow around the heating circuit. This system has been refined to offer similar levels of response and control to the existing ZT’s acclaimed air-blending system. All models feature ATC (Automatic Temperature Control), using the familiar user-friendly interface of other ZT models.

See less See more
#103 ·
Evening everbody.
I have not been on site for some time due to one reason or another.

I have owned both the ZT-T 190 and now the ZT260 and both cars have good AC. My MGF has also a good system and so did the Express during ownership
Have just returned from High Wycombe, an hour -and-a quarters run both ways on the M25/40/25 & 20 and the AC worked well although I think the Tourer had the edge!!

All this talk about tuning the 260!! What has happened to Sean Hyland and Dreadnought Garage? Or what Roger Parker can do!

Andy[The Valeter] may know

Brian Richardson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.