MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the correct part number for the pollen filter on a 180?

car is in for a service over here, but I supplied the filters etc bought as a complete kit from the net, just been told the supplied filter was too big so the garage got hold of the correct one for £94!!!!!

Not a happy bunny!! after paying £35 shipping for the service kit then import duty on top (inc the import duty on the shipping costs)

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
I know theres 2 types - one where the opening faces you when the glovebox is removed and one where the opening is underneath.

According to MGR parts book I have all A/C fitted cars should take JKR100020

Non A/C
up to WD354434 JKX100010
From XD354435 JKR100220
(Why the W in chassis no turns into X I don't know - typo?)

HTH

Edit same info on 400 page too, with addition of another type which is 1.6 auto only.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JKR000030 which seems to be for a 75, f**k

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
How often do they need to be replaced and whats the purpose of this filter?
Are 120 and 180 pollen filters the same?
Dont think mines been changed for around 3 years....

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
How often do they need to be replaced and whats the purpose of this filter?
Are 120 and 180 pollen filters the same?
Dont think mines been changed for around 3 years....
Filters out all the crap from air entering cabin, would suspect after 3 years yours will be pretty black / blocked. Depends on cars use, environment etc
"Should" be changed yearly, tend to have a look and if it doesn't look bad it can go in for another year (mine only tends to to about 5k per year though)

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
Thanks blue, have some rep. Mines done around 30k on that filter then!
Where are they located? Did I read it right that the 120 and 180 filters are the same?

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Same afaik, located behind glovebox - theres a "how to" either here or on .org
I always get mine off ebay, usually less than a tenner - MGR price used to be about £25 or something daft.
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_...mg+zs+pollen+filter&_sacat=See-All-Categories
I replaced mine recently (for the first time from new!) so I know what the factory fitted filter looks like. And it looks quite different to the replacement part. I seem to remember the original filter had a solid frame and a kind of metal or plastic mesh design.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi, ours was replaced about 3 years ago, the one they just took out was totally black and gunked up, so worth replacing, just not at £90!!

If I ever get a 75 at least I have a spare filter :(

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
hi, ours was replaced about 3 years ago, the one they just took out was totally black and gunked up, so worth replacing, just not at £90!!

If I ever get a 75 at least I have a spare filter :(
Won't the original supplier swap it for you or would you have to pay postage etc all over again?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Won't the original supplier swap it for you or would you have to pay postage etc all over again?
I'd have to pay postage and he would probably get clobbered for import duty, so just not worth it. maybe it'll be a collectors item in 20 years

1 - 14 of 14 Posts