MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Heard this one banded about - but don't reall understand the the benefit. Is it just a reprogrammed ECU?

If so on what models, I remember when I saw the first ZS180 at Kernahans, they mentioned it's ECU neaded reprogamming to give it the optimum ZS settings, rather than a default setup that would suit most engines. Therefore, I doubt whether it could be done on the ZS180!

Once done, does it invalidate warranty?

Does it give bhp and torque - or bhp or torque?

How much does it cost to get done? :D

If reasonable, can we list the motors and the brake horsepower and torque figures for each engine?

Ivan are you out there?

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
I've also read about this elsewhere.

Talking with the staff at Dixons today (while having a good look at a new TF) they say that it can easily be done on any Z.

Supposed benefits are better pulling lower down the rev range but may knock a few mph off the top end.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone had this done?

How does it affect insurance policy? Modified ECU!

What about warranty issues? Modified ECU!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
I read elsewhere that warrenty isn't a problem - its done bt MGR dealers and is approved MGR settings.
Insurance also should be OK as nothing is being added or replaced. The 'upgrade' is just changing to settings which are already available within the ECU.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good to me. I will ask Kernahans what the Trophy bhp and torque figures will be after the reprogramme and let you know!

NB:

POLICE MODE is just another programme specific to the police security requirements - it's a nonsense as far as power is concerned!

·
MG ZR-X & MG ZR X210 Owner
107 Posts
I've been looking in to this Police mode stuff today. I ve seen the Rover Advanced Toolbox running with the CD for the Rover 200 vi range, and this didn't include Police Mode.

I have not seen the 25 / ZR disc running, which does alledegedly include the Police mode.

The question is does any one (Probably from MGR) know if one can use the ZR disc and settings with any, or which, MEMS 2J ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts