MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought those of you who haven't gone to Thruxton (like me!) would be interested to hear some news as soon as possible...

Sprint Race :
3rd - REID
10th - HOWELL
11th - HUGHES
27th - TURKINGTON - Only 8 laps completed!

Well done Anthony! More to come later...

Kind regards,

'Extreme!'

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Managed to listen to the last few laps. Great result for Reid - so nearly second by the sound of it. Was wondering why no news of Colin Turkington - what happened.

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did not do too well in the feature race though!...

10th - HUGHES
11th - HOWELL

For some strange reason, the report on www.tocatour.co.uk says the following...

"...resulted in Reid and Turkington firing off the circuit and into retirement."

Can someone who was there give a totally authentic view of what actually happened on lap 21 then?

Kind regards,

'Extreme'

PS - By the looks of the photos posted (first!) by nn-y on the 'BTCC gatherings' thread you look like you all had a great day - I am very envious!

G

·
Sprint Race - Press Release

Anthony Reid kept up MG Sport and Racing's run of podium finishes with third place in the opening 15-lap Sprint Race at Thruxton this afternoon. Battling for position all the way through the 15-lap race, Reid was right with the car in second at the end. Team-mate Warren Hughes finished eleventh after being hit by another car on the opening lap – effecting his handling.

The high-speed Hampshire circuit poses some unique challenges, and Reid was initially third, only to lose a place to Matt Neal on the fourth lap: “I had some oversteer at Church – which is a sixth gear, 130mph corner – and Matt Neal had the momentum to go past me,” explained Anthony.

Anthony stayed with Neal, taking third when Yvan Muller retired from second place with a mechanical problem.
“I'm pleased to take finish in the points again and on the podium,” said Anthony. “This race showed what a good car the MG ZS EX260 is, it was great through the corners.”

Warren had to battle a handling problem for much of the race – courtesy of contact from another car - and ultimately finished eleventh.

“I got a good hit on the opening lap, it put me into a half-spin” explained Warren. “That effected the handling and it was a really hard race from then on.”

British Touring Car Championship Sprint Race – 15 Laps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.